Consultancy for Review and Finalisation of County Costed Implementation Plan (CIP)
Options Consultancy Services Limited was established in 1992 and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marie Stopes International. We are a consultancy organisation providing technical and management expertise in the health and social sectors to governments and international development partners to transform the health of women and children. We provide information, expertise and influence to governments, health workers, NGOs and businesses to catalyse change so that health services can be accessed by the people who need them most.
Main purpose of job:
Options Consultancy Services seeks the services of an expert to lead the review of and facilitate the validation and finalisation of Family Planning (FP) Costed Implementation Plans (CIP) for Garissa county. The CIP needs to be aligned to the specific county integrated development plans, health sector strategic plans and National CIP.
The main objective of this assignment is to provide technical expertise in the review and finalisation of the CIP for Garissa county.
The scope of this assignment will cover the following areas:
- Develop and submit a brief inception report and assignment work plan
- Conduct a desk review of literature to inform and fill in gaps of the draft CIPs, review of relevant county level policies, strategies, plans, and program reports.
- Design and implement a qualitative assessment with CHMT and select stakeholders to identify where gaps in evidence remain to ensure an all-inclusive FP CIP including data needed to further refine and strengthen the CIP.
- Present and discuss the findings with Options and County RH/FP TWG
- Develop a draft and coordinate consultative finalization of the CIP
- Facilitate a validation meeting with county department of health and key stakeholders
- Submit a final FP CIP version incorporating feedback from the validation meeting
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Public Health, Pharmacy, demography or related field. Previous experience working in FP supply chain or marketing will an added advantage.
- At least 10 years of professional experience in health-related market research in Kenya or the region, preferably in SRH or FP.
- Demonstrable experience in government policy analysis or development and of working with policy makers.
- Experience in building the capacity of counterparts.
- Strong analytical skills and the capacity to think strategically, including ability to produce high quality policy materials and advice for development implementation
- Excellent report writing skills with ability to analyse information/data and present it in a clear and concise manner. A sample report of work previously completed by the consultant is a requirement.
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment
- We seek people who are pro-choice, energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.Applications from Kenyan nationals are strongly encouraged, as well as candidates with the right to live and work in Kenya
How to apply:
To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to at [email protected]
Candidates should state the role (Kenya – FP Policy Review) in the subject header.
Closing date 27 February 2020: Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is for guidance only. Applications will be screened upon receipt and this vacancy may be closed as soon as sufficient applicants have been received.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. Interviews may be organised directly with shortlisted applicants on a rolling basis and the position may be filled before the closing date.
Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including identification check, employment references, right to work verification, credit check and criminal record check (where appropriate).