Consultants at Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) – 2 Openings
Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) is the world’s leading international development charity that works through volunteers to create a fair world for everyone. At VSO we pride ourselves on doing development differently. We fight poverty not by sending aid, but by working through volunteers and partners to create long-lasting change in some of the world’s poorest regions. We bring key stakeholders together to co-ordinate collective action, from local organisations to national governments. Our programmes in Africa and Asia focus on health, education and livelihoods, with an increasing emphasis on resilience, peace building, social accountability, gender and social inclusion. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change that will improve the lives of generations to come.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant, Enhancing Women Economic Empowerment for Resilient Livelihoods in Nigeria
Locations: Adamawa, Kano,
Employment Type: Contract
Type of role: Advocacy Policy and Research
Contract type: Consultant Agreement
Contract length: 8 day
Working hours per week: 40 hours per week
Start date: 17/03/21
- The consultant will be engaged to provide consultancy services towards Enhancing Women Economic Empowerment for Resilient Livelihoods in Nigeria. These would facilitating capacity building sessions, advocacy, and rapid assessment.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
- Must have at least 2 years work experience
- Ability to be open minded and respectful
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge
- VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
- VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
- Once you’re ready to apply, click on ‘make an application’ below to complete the online form.
N50,000 – N80,000 (Negotiable)
Application Closing Date
10th March 2021.
12th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: VSO has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees / volunteers to ensure we protect children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy (PDF).