Continuous Improvement Manager – Expatriate at Adexen
Adexen is a global Human Ressources Company providing business services in Europe and Africa.
We support companies in all industries in the fields of HR, Legal, Finance, Sales & Marketing, Engineering and Supply chain.
We know how important people are to business. We also think that “People are the future of Africa”
We understand what…
Read more about this company
Continuous Improvement Manager – Expatriate
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 – 10 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
- Adexen was mandated by an international industrial group to recruit an expatriate Continuous Improvement Manager for its operations in Nigeria. The position is based in Lagos, Nigeria.
This managerial position, reporting directly to the Technical Director, will be oriented for upgrading progressively the technical expertise of the local team by:
- Analysing existing procedures and establishing the best possible operational procedures.
- Implementation of new operational processes/methods to optimise operational costs through impact study and cost analysis.
- Preparing training system on specific maintenance topics (PLC, Robots, preventive maintenance system…).
- Improving the working methodology, workforce planning, project management (best use of people, of equipment, of tooling…).
- Analysing repetitive technical issues resulting in machine inefficiency or stoppage for proposing solutions to the operational team with eventual implication of Group Engineering.
- Assisting the maintenance crew in preparing the annual shut down.
- Pre-study of any projects given to him by the Operation Manager for eventual proposal to the Regional Operation Director.
- Executing delicate or complex projects with the local team.
- Coaching and training the local technicians on the new technology introduced in the company (PLC, Robots, Safety boxes…).
- Studying and proposing equipment for lowering the risks at work with aim to come closer to safety requirement.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Graduated engineer from a recognised university : Bachelor/Master’s degree in electro-mechanical / industrial with strong automation knowledge
- Preferably 5 to 10 years with experience in manufacturing organisation or in maintenance management
- Previous experience in the building materials, mining, cement industries will be a plus
- First experience in process or manufacturing industry where lean was implemented with a role of continuous improvement (factory based), production or maintenance.
- Strong interest to combine a field technical engineering job with administrative follow-up and reporting tasks.
- The ambition to introduce and implement a Continuous Improvement process system.
- Training on 5S or similar will be as well an added value.
- SAP exposure or experience will be an added advantage value
- Previous professional experience in Africa or emerging markets will be a plus
We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.