Coordination Assistant at COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Coordination Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Duration: 6 months renewable
Starting date: ASAP
- Under the supervision of the Head of Mission the Coordination Assistant will be responsible for the institutional representation; internal and external coordination; information sharing among the coordination office, field and the HQ; liaison with state and local authorities; help the Head of Mission in understanding the humanitarian situation and the context; donor compliance, project development and reporting revision.
- Meeting attendance: participate to internal coordination meeting and prepare the minutes to be shared to coordination team.
- Institutional relations: attend external coordination meeting and prepare report to be share with coordination team; attending and representing the organisation at the INGO forum, if requested by the Head of Mission; contributes to the HoM’s representation with donors and consortium partners by providing briefing papers and accompanying meetings as requested; travel to the field offices in order to build networks with different stakeholder and to collect and disseminate information among the staff.
- Bureaucratic aspect: follow up on INGO registration in country and make sure that the organisation is in line with all governmental rules; archive project documents (contract, report, amendment etc..) to be shared with the HQ.
- Communication: dial directly with the communication office at the HQ level and make sure that COOPI communication manual is followed and disseminated; prepare and coordinate all relevant communications materials (photos, communication reports, visibility plan etc.).
- Project proposal: support the Head of Mission and Program Manager on project proposal development, operational plan updates and internal program planning tools revisions and update.
- Reporting: prepare and revise projects narrative reports to be shared with the HQ and Donors.
- M&E: liaise directly with the different project manager on the revision and follow up of the internal M&E tool.
- Others: perform other additional duties requested by the Head of Mission provide solutions and define work processes for various interventions.
- Advanced degree in International Development or related fields;
- Excellent knowledge of project cycle-management;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Excellent inter-personal and writing communication skills;
- Strong commitment to follow the rules and procedures of the organization.
- Strong analytical and practical problem-solving skills;
- Strong supervisory abilities and demonstrated capacity of teamwork;
- Adequate resilience to stress;
- Organize work efficiently and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under time constraints.
- Previous experience in writing project proposals;
- Previous experience in Western African country;
- Previous experience with an international humanitarian INGO.
Application Closing Date
9th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application closing date, once a sufficient number of applications have been received.