The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate Accounting Manager
Ref No: IITA-HR-NRS2021-0025
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
- Contribute, prepare and monitor IITA budget and manage IITA’s centre budget including capital budget.
- Monitor inter-centre Accounting operations and prepare management reports.
- Manage compliance and proper implementation of approved software for use in Finance Directorate and stations of the Institute (Oracle Champion).
- Supervise the Fixed Asset Module and PPE schedule of the Financial Statements
- Supervise Finance Section of the Inventory Module, Freight Accounting process, asset disposal, account processes and manage all finance related online applications.
- Supervise annual assets verification and stock count.
- Review monthly and annual trial balance and ensure reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare Institute’s Audited Financial Statement in accordance with IFRS.
- Prepare annual report, Insurance functions, etc.
- Supervise the activities of staff of Advances and Expense Claims and Fixed Assets unit.
- Perform any other job-related duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Financial Controller and Director of Finance.
- Master's Degree in Accounting or related field with a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in a well-structured environment or donor funded organization.
- Possession of ACA, ACCA or ACMA is compulsory.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have vast and strong knowledge of many accounting software, Oracle EBS will be a distinct advantage.
- Be very good with figures and must possess good communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of IFRS.
- Big experience will be another advantage.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 2nd August, 2022.
- Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format.
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women. While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted