Corporate and Commercial / Intellectual Property (Technology) Lawyer at BFA & Co Legal
BFA & Co Legal was established in 2018 and is headquartered in Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria. The firm has leveraged its multi-faceted legal expertise developing into a full-service law firm.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate and Commercial / Intellectual Property (Technology) Lawyer
- We are seeking a highly qualified mid-level Associate to join our Corporate and Commercial/Intellectual Property (Technology) practice.
- Candidates must share our values of collegiality, acquiring the skillset for cutting-edge work and seek to make the practice rewarding both professionally and personally.
In this role the successful candidate would be expected to:
- Conduct research on various relevant legal issues as it affects compliance with the statutory regulations, applicable legislations, agreements and legal issues affecting the Firm’s Start-Up clients.
- Liaise with appropriate regulatory authorities on behalf of the Start-Ups on legal matters.
- Participate in the negotiation and settlement of disputes, if any.
- Support in the preparation and filing of regulatory returns in compliance with the provision of the Nigeria law, local requirements and regulatory guidelines.
- Ensure proper filing and record keeping of documents.
- Will be responsible for the full range of legal responsibilities associated with commercial transactions of the Start-Ups including negotiating commercial contracts, addressing legal queries across various aspects of the law, compliance, intellectual property, privacy, and employment; collaborating with fellow attorneys to develop and maintain templates, negotiation practices, and escalation procedures.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
Successful applicants in this role would typically have:
- The ability to work without supervision and multitask
- Working knowledge of Corporate law and document preparation, anti-trust laws, and regulatory agency procedures, and contract negotiation and preparation.
- Should have at least two (2) years’ experience as a lawyer combined with expertise in this area of legal practice (e.g., antitrust, mergers and acquisitions, contracts and commercial law, securities law, privacy law, technology law, or employment and labor law).
- Superior writing and research skills.
- An excellent eye for detail and discrepancies
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong prioritization and organization skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Strong flexibility and adaptability skills
- Ability to be proactive and take the initiative
- Interface with clients and HNIs
- The ability and willingness to report regularly and effectively with senior members on the team is required.
- The ability to manage cases and assignments efficiently and effectively
- High service-orientation.
What’s in it for you?
You can expect:
- Attractive remuneration
- Opportunity to build on knowledge and experience in the field.
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online