Corporate Counsel at Olawoyin & Olawoyin Legal Practitioners & Consultants
Olawoyin & Olawoyin offers a full range of legal services, with a principal focus on all facets of corporate, securities, maritime, foreign investment, litigation and arbitration matters. We also offer advice in the areas of real estate, international banking, insurance and international commercial transactions generally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate Counsel
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are recruiting to fill in the position of Corporate Counsel to join our fantastic and innovative team of lawyers.
- Your role as corporate counsel will include the following responsibilities:
- Negotiate, review and draft simple and complex corporate and commercial contracts;
- Perform and assist with company secretarial duties and provide support to the Firm’s clients;
- Provide legal advice/opinions and analysis on a broad range of legal issues and transactions undertaken by the Firm’s clients;
- Support and assist the Firm’s corporate/commercial legal activities;
- General corporate/commercial work;
- Identify and articulate risks associated with proposed transactions, projects and activities undertaken by the Firm’s clients;
- Conduct independent research.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Law Degree from a recognized University
- Be a member of the Nigerian Bar Association
- Minimum of 5 years’ post-call relevant commercial/corporate experience either in-house or in a law firm
- Have completed the National Youth Service Corps(NYSC) Scheme
- Possess a commercial and solution-based approach to legal advice and ability to manage competing priorities.
- Desire to work in a multi-disciplined team and to expand expertise into new practice areas within the Firm’s remit.
- Excellent decision-making skills and an ability to identify key risks to the Firm’s clients.
- Good negotiation and analytical skills.
- Result oriented.
- Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently and within a team.
- High level of competence and good judgment.
- Excellent written/oral communication, presentation and drafting skills.
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Relevant hands-on work experience.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.