Customer Service Representative at an Insurance Company
An Insurance Company is urgently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Customer Service Representative
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Summary / Objective
- The Customer Service Representative is responsible for providing information about the company’s products to its clients. He/she oversees offering necessary assistance and support to the clients.
- Their job description covers responding to customer inquiries and resolving complaints or forwarding them to the appropriate department for solution. This customer service representative has the role of attending to calls and correspondences, providing information with respect to insurance policies, and communicating any changes in policy to existing and prospective clients.
- He/she serves as a middleman between the company and its customers; his/her job could be seen as that of an image maker as they occupy such an important position that their direct actions or inactions could lead to a loss of existing or potential customers to the company.
- A customer care representative is always meant to keep the customers informed and satisfied.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Customer Engagement
- Sending out daily news briefs
- Checking and follow up with client’s without appropriate KYC
- Follow-up on underwriting files with NFIU Sanction
- Validation of client data to ensure accuracy
- Monitoring of Social Media and attending to client’s request and complains posted on our handles.
- Ensure that customers make buying decisions armed with the right amount of information.
- Analyze customer’s complaints and recommend solutions.
- Discuss with customers on telephone and provide information on the company’s products and services.
- Record all conversations with clients with details of inquiries or complaints and action steps that were taken.
- Understand the company’s insurance policies and products and be able to tell whether a policy covers a type of loss or not.
- Call up customers who had previously called to complain to know if their challenges have been resolved and to ensure that they are now satisfied.
- Take S.O.S calls from clients that have been involved in an accident.
- Communicate changes or adjustment in policies to clients.
- Send newsletters, mails, and other forms of correspondences to customers.
- Receive reports of claims and communicate reports of investigation to the clients.
- Forward all filed claims to the appropriate department for handling and investigation.
- Assist in soliciting sales of new products and policies.
- Liaise with other departments and provide support to them.
- Assist clients in filling of policy documents and contact them whenever any error is discovered, or when it needs to be corrected.
- Offer information about price quotes to prospective customers.
- Liaise with the Technical Team to process all orders made via telephone.
- Receive visiting customers and provide them with necessary assistance.
- Manage and protect the reputation of the company.
- Maintain strong clientele relationship with customers.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to handle and pacify difficult customers.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and non-verbal.
- Must always be friendly and willing to provide assistance to others.
- A good memory for remembering data and details.
- Basic computer and typing skills.
- Must always be punctual and able to put in flexible working hours.
- A good listener with sound judgment.
- Ability to cope in a fast-paced job environment.
- He/she must be able to critically analyze all situations and solve problems efficiently.
Application Closing Date
21st January, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using “Customer Service Representative” as the subject of the email.