Data Architect at Alfred & Victoria Associates
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Architect
- As a Data Architect, you will work with a specialized team of brilliant minds to build and maintain databases by determining structural requirements.
- You are in charge of developing and installing solutions in line with client’s architectural plan
Key Role & Responsibilities
- Build and develop database solutions to store and retrieve information.
- Install and configure information systems to ensure functionality.
- Analyse structural requirements for new software and applications.
- Migrate data from legacy systems to new solutions
- Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts.
- Improve system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting and integrating new elements.
- Optimize new and current database systems.
- Define security and backup procedures.
- Coordinate with the Data Science department to identify future needs and requirements
- Provide operational support for Management Information Systems (MIS)
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or a related field
- 7+ years’ experience in a data analysis or management role
- Knowledge of C and PHP languages
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to analyse system requirements and implement migration methods for existing data.
- Expertise in SQL and Oracle
- Familiarity with predictive analysis and data visualization techniques using relevant tools (e.g. Tableau, D3.js and R)
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles.
- Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Proficiency in MS Excel is an added advantage.
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, D3.js and R)
- Proven analytical skills
- Problem-solving attitude
Application Closing Date
Friday, 22nd November, 2019; (Time: 3:00PM)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
Note: Any application received after this time will be automatically rejected.