Data Clerk at the Community Health Justice and Peace Initiative for Development (JDPH)
Community Health Justice and Peace Initiative for Development (JDPH) is a National Non-Governmental Organization working in the Catholic province of Jos, aimed at uplifting the living standard of rural and urban communities through capacity building and rendering lifesaving interventions in partnership with communities for a better society and good governance. Over the years, we and our partners have continued to provide developmental and humanitarian assistance to the most vulnerable people in rural and crisis affected locations. We are committed to providing emergency relief services, empowering communities to be more resilient, embracing a culture of peaceful co-existence and social justice for all.
In accomplishing our objectives, the JDPH will be carrying out General Food Distributions (GFD) through Cash Based Transfers (CBT) and Blanket Supplementary Program (BSFP) in Fune LGA, of Yobe state. This is aimed at preventing already vulnerable House Holds from falling into starvation and malnutrition, focusing particularly on young children 6 – 23/24 months and pregnant and lactating women and girls (PLW/G).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Clerk
Job ID: JDPH/FSL/NT/2021/009
Location: Fune LGA, Yobe state
Employment Category: Contract
Open to Expatriates: No
- We are looking for a Data Entry Clerk to type information into our database. The ideal candidate will be computer savvy and a fast typist with a keen eye for detail. You will report to the M&E Officer. Understanding of data confidentiality principles is compulsory. JDPH will rely on you for having accurate and updated data that are easily accessible through a digital database.
- Transfer data from paper formats into computer files or database systems using keyboards, data recorders or optical scanners
- Create spreadsheets with large numbers of figures without mistakes
- Verify data by comparing it to source documents
- Update existing data
- Retrieve data from the database or electronic files as requested
- Perform regular backups to ensure data preservation
- Sort and organize paperwork after entering data to ensure it is not lost
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of Secondary School Certificate
- Must be resident in Fune LGA of Yobe state.
- Proven experience as data entry clerk
- Fast typing skills
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel etc.)
- Working knowledge of office equipment and computer hardware and peripheral devices
- Basic understanding of databases
- Great attention to detail
Technical Expertise, Skills And Knowledge:
- A proactive and flexible approach to work.
- Maintains a calm disposition and positive outlook when working under pressure.
- Self-motivated and able to work with a high degree of autonomy as well as with others.
- Fully appreciates of the value of cooperation within a team.
- Thinks creatively and strategically and translates strategy into practical action.
- Acceptable IT Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of humanitarian principles and code of conduct is essential.
- Language Skills: Fluency in written and spoken English and a good command of the Hausa language.
Application Closing Date
12pm 11th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post in English to: [email protected]
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Given the urgency of vacancy, the position may be filled before the due date.
- For general information about the JDPH, kindly visit our website on www.jdph.org