Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation and have been working in Nigeria since February 1996.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Entry Operator
Location: Toro, Bauchi
Employment Type: Contract
- Enter medical data (e.g. patient data, dates of visit, the content of prescription, viral load, etc.) in the mission’s database on a regular basis and according to MSF protocols.
- Elaborate statistical reports when required by the medical team.
- Ensure, promote and maintain confidentiality regarding all information registered.
- Ensure proper registration and manage and maintain effective record keeping.
- Verify the data by comparing it to source documents.
- Transfer data from paper formats into computer files or database systems
- Liaise with the mission Epidemiologist in case of issues with the data management software.
- Participate in the compilation of data both from MSF structures and from collaborating health facilities.
- Participate in the search for missing data.
- Update files of existing patients and make any corrections needed.
- Make regular back-ups of all data processed.
- Look after all equipment provided and keep the recording area clean and tidy, giving special importance to all patient files.
- Report any issue concerning data management to superior
- Secondary Education is essential.
- 1-2 years Experience in data management is required
- Local language is essential. Mission language desirable.
- Able to learn and use software used for recording (i.e. Fuchia, EpiInfo, etc.)
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 28th April, 2022.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.