Data Manager at the Health Strategy and Delivery Foundation (HSDF)
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
The Health Strategy and Delivery Foundation (HSDF) is a non-profit firm established in December 2013. The organization was established to improve the quality of decision-making and execution in the health sector. HSDF supports key stakeholders at all levels of the government and private sector by providing strong analytical support and deploying innovative …
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 8 years
- Location Abuja , Lagos
- Job Field Data Science / Research
- The Data Manager would be responsible for the development, maintenance and optimization of data management frameworks and systems in HSDF. The Data Management would develop data management policies, establish protocols, oversee the collection, collation, storage and analysis of data across program teams, while upholding agreed-upon security and control standards.
- The individual must be a business professional and would be responsible for a diverse set of data analytics-related tasks which must be performed with decisiveness and accuracy for effective business performance.
Data Management Policies and Procedures:
- Create and enforce policies for effective data management; devise and implement efficient and secure procedures for data handling and analysis with attention to all technical aspects.
- Formulate management techniques for quality data collection to ensure completeness, adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data.
- Support teams in the daily use of data systems to ensure adherence to policies and standards.
Data Systems Management:
- Drive the evaluation, documentation and automation of data management and curation processes, including data ingestion, transformation, quality control and dissemination.
- Drive the development of data collection tools for program implementation.
- Monitor and analyze information and data systems; evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing them.
- Ensure digital databases and archives are protected from security breaches and data loss; troubleshoot data-related problems, schedule and execute periodic audits and maintenance.
- Support initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Consult on the retrieval, review and validation of data, survey, interview scripts, reports, etc. for documentation on the data systems; assist with reports and data extractions when needed.
- Develop the appropriate reporting dashboards for projects and specific datasets.
- Carryout complex data analytics and report writing for projects.
- Build and develop data management competencies of the Data Hub team.
- Provide tailored data management awareness and training opportunities org-wide, using a variety of methods such as demonstration, staff workshops or user instruction sheets, to support use of the system and the interpretation of data.
- Work collaboratively with project teams to share knowledge and good practice.
Undertake other reasonable duties related to the job purpose as required.
The requirements listed below are representatives of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
Educational / Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field or equivalent related experience.
- A Master’s or higher degree in data science, statistics, economics, geography or environment-related fields, with a strong quantitative and computational background is an added advantage.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Work experience as a Data Manager or in related field is required.
- 8+ years of hands-on experience required.
- Good working knowledge of modern statistics, scripting and programming languages such as STATA, R, and/or Python and associated software libraries.
- Familiarity with SQL, database systems, and the management of data in enterprise environments is an advantage.
- Knowledge in managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security and metadata
- Demonstrated expertise in ability to transform raw data into meaningful analysis, including proven ability to collect, synthesize, and draw actionable conclusions from available data
- Familiarity with relational databases
- Demonstrated familiarity with the national health data management platforms (e.g. DHIS 2.0, NNRIMS etc.)
- Possesses the ability to think strategically and rapidly analyze, interpret and integrate data information from varied sources into clear conclusions and recommendations.
- Has strong writing and data presentation skills, including data visualization.
- Ability to produce quality work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must be able to work remotely yet collaboratively with others in a participative management environment, working independently as well as working in a team.
- Must be able to take initiative where appropriate, proffer solutions to bottlenecks and challenges
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint