Database Administrator at Talents360.ng
Talents360.ng – Our client, a leading Importer and Distributor of highly innovative mobile IT devices in Nigeria selling both in the Wholesale and Retail segment of the market, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Database Administrator
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
- The goal is to provide a seamless flow of information throughout the company, considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users.
- Build database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user’s specialized role
- Design and implement database in accordance to end users information needs and views
- Define users and enable data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data
- Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
- B.Sc Degree in a Computer discipline or relevant certification
- Minimum of 3 years Proven working experience as a Database Administrator
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL
- Familiarity with database design, documentation, coding and programming language e.g Java, Netbeans.
- Previous experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third party tools
- Familiarity with programming languages API
- Problem solving skills and ability to think algorithmically.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to:
using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.