Delivery Assistant at Chicken Wimpey Foods Limited
Chicken Wimpey Foods Limited is an indigenous organization with ties to multinational companies and trusted in the art of distributing, logistics, and retailership of agro allied products.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Delivery Assistant
- Helping to load goods into the van for delivery to customers
- Making sure that the goods are loaded securely and will not move or get damaged in transit
- Helping to find the best route for the journey by map reading or using either satellite navigation (satnav) or global positioning system (GPS) software
- Guiding the van driver to reverse and park
- Unloading the van and carrying the goods into the customer’s premises or home
- Getting POD (point of delivery) signatures and perhaps taking payment or orders
- Building or assembling furniture or other equipment on site in some cases
- Helping to clean the vehicle.
Job Responsibilities And Requirements
- A minimum qualification of FSLC is required.
- You might travel locally or over longer distances.
- You have to spend a lot of time sitting in the van during long journeys.
- You will be moving and lifting heavy orbulky goods.
- You may have to work evenings and weekends.
- You might wear protective clothing and possibly a uniform.
- You may have to spend nights away from home.
- A good general education is useful, including a reasonable standard in English and maths.
- Some knowledge of vehicle mechanics can be helpful.
- You need to be fit to lift heavy loads.
- A driving licence is preferred and often required. If you are going to learn to drive, you must be at least 18 years of age to qualify for a driving licence.
Application Closing Date
1st March, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes to: [email protected] using the Job Title as subject of the email.