Deloitte Nigeria – Our client, one of the top ten (10) leading National Supermarket Chains in Nigeria with diversified Consumer Goods, Retail, Quick Service Restaurants, Entertainment and Manufacturing, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Human Resources
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
Department: Human Resources
- The Head, Human Resources will be responsible for effectively planning, designing, developing and evaluating human Job resource-related initiatives that support the rganisation’s strategic goals such as; Objectives performance management systems, people development and organizational culture.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and drive structural changes to improve performance management systems; allowing identification of high performers and rapid growth and progress patterns for them.
- Provide strategic direction and leadership on the development of appropriate Human Resource practices and processes
- Accelerate progressive drive in company culture creating a strong execution edge and relentless focus on aligning managers and employees with the aspired culture, fostering a sense of ownership and maintaining accountability throughout all levels of the Organisation.
- Build organizational competency on people development, facilitating career path coaching, learning, and development on an individual basis across the organization.
- Articulate, update, and execute the HR strategies, policies, and processes in line with the company’s business strategy, key business objectives, and pertinent labour laws
- Evaluate, present the case for change and drive the implementation of the appropriate resourcing and talent management initiatives to ensure that the organisation has the talent required to deliver its strategy.
- Facilitates the adoption of a strategic approach to exit management and oversee the establishment of the appropriate processes and practices.
Performance Management, Succession Planning & Compensation:
- Agree on key performance management objectives with management, develop strategies and put measures in place within Human Resources to ensure that agreed imperatives are delivered.
- Advice leadership on operational performance, succession management, and employee engagement.
- Develop and maintain a competitive and merit-based compensation system to support the Company’s reward philosophy as well as its talent attraction and retention strategies.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree / HND in any Social Sciences, Humanities, Business Administration disciplines
- Professional certification in Human Resources from the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) Nigeria or its overseas equivalent (e.g. HR Certification Institute (HRCI), Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD)First degree or equivalent qualification in Accounting, Economics or any related field
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience in a senior generalist HR/HC role in an FMCG or QSR.
- In-depth knowledge of the Nigerian Labour Law and other related laws.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae by clicking on the link above.
- Please ensure your CV has information about your skills, qualifications, Competency and experience.