Deputy Chief Operating Officer at the GIG Group
The GIG Group – We are a tech-enabled mobility company established to meet the transportation needs of Nigerians. Our company has a vibrant cross-cultural workforce and is effectively managed by a team of qualified professionals.
With accelerated growth in operational footprints across the country, an impressive fleet, top-notch customer service and the adoption of technology as the catalyst for its operations, Our Company is set to consistently provide excellent services at affordable rates to commuters.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Chief Operating Officer
Location: Asaba, Delta
Employment Type: Full-time
- Provide strategic, managerial and operational support to the COO in the delivery of the organization’s strategic plan.
- Assist with the development and implementation of strategic and operational plans.
- Responsible for driving the company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow and business goals and objectives.
- Lead the measurement and effectiveness of all internal and external operational processes and customer experience related responsibilities as required.
- Develop and monitor the utilization of related standard operating procedures (SOP); train operation staff within the business unit.
- In conjunction with the COO, provide high-level operational and policy oversight related to operations and budget.
- Monitor, review, and upgrade systems, policies, risk management controls, and procedures to maintain the highest standards of operational excellence
- Drive the Advancement and Utilization of Technology across the Subsidiary
- Provide technical and analytical advice and assistance in identifying and resolving problems within staff operational areas, e.g., allocating resources, interpreting and applying standard operating policies and procedures.
- Drive the development, management, and continual improvement related to all business processes.
- Create accountabilities and development goals; set annual performance objectives, review and manage staff performance;
- Motivate and lead a high-performance team; work with the Human Capital Development team to attract, recruit and retain talents; provide mentoring as a cornerstone to the career development program.
- Coordinate the timely flow of information and communication to key stakeholders within the organization, cultivating an effective and productive customer service oriented environment.
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the company.
- Develop and oversee project timelines, milestones, and deliverables with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- MSC or MBA is preferred
- 8+ years combined and progressive senior management experience with budget development, fiscal and staff management experience
- Extensive leadership and operational management experience in a technologically drive and fast paced environment
- Excellent Business Acumen
- Demonstrable vendor and contract management
- Experience of leading and managing substantial service change and redesign in a complex environment
- Demonstrably track record of achievement of performance management improvement and delivery at a senior management level
- Have substantial experience of preparing and presenting briefings at a senior management level
- Ability to plan ahead and manage the translation of strategic intent into operational reality through a pragmatic and commercially sound approach
- Demonstrable evidence of problem solving, strategic leadership and decision making skills.
- Evidence of highly developed influencing, communication and negotiating skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all levels
- Ability to prioritize work and manage deadlines
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
- Professional, inclusive and credible leadership style.
Application Closing Date
29th April, 2021.