Deputy HR Coordinator at Solidarites International (SI)
Solidarites International is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 38 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. Currently present in Nigeria since 2016, SI carries out emergency / post-emergency programs in WASH sector in North East region.
We are recruiting internally and externally for the position below:
Job Title: Deputy HR Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The HR Coordinator Deputy supports the HR coordinator in defining and implementing the national HR policy.
- He/she guarantees the correct implementation of HR and SI policy on the mission.
- He/she ensures legal, fiscal and administrative support to HR Coordinator and administrators for all National HR related matters.
- He/she actively participates in implementing training and development programs for national staff.
- He/she supports the HR Coordinator in the administrative management, follow-up and visa process related international staff.
- Upon request, ensure the HR Coordinator responsibilities and tasks (in case of absence) in direct link with the Country Director.
Design and Implementation of the National HR Policies:
- Take part in the development of the national HR policies
- Participate in defining and monitoring the implementation of HR policies
- Evaluate risks linked to changes in social policies
- Propose improvements to employee working conditions
- Ensure appropriateness and coherence between mission job descriptions and SI standard Job Descriptions
- Ensure the SI functions Grid is applied on the mission and the recruitment process respected
- If necessary, participate in rewriting the Salary Grid (benchmark…)
- Continually ensure coherence between SI HR policy and national laws
Human Resources Management (National and International):
- Design and implement HR training sessions for SI Managers and for the administrative teams
- Supervise annual performance process; participate in implementing staff promotions
- Design and put in place an annual training program, supervise its implementation and monitor its impact
- Participate in the implementation of career planning and the management of staff mobility
- Improve recruitment procedures; participate in the recruitment process for national staff
- Ensure relations with employee, in particular by taking part in the HR meetings
- Ensure minimum staffing levels for the administrative service during periods of absence (vacation, illness…)
Human Resources Administration:
- Keep informed of all documents and developments associated with employment law, employment in general, and staff training
- Ensure that HR procedures are respected and understood at mission level
- Supervise the administrative and contractual management of personnel recruitment and hiring
- Organize and conduct the HR briefing and/or induction sessions
- Ensure that personnel files are kept up to date and deadlines respected (annual performance, contract amendments, visa, Flight ticket, break…)
- Take the necessary steps with authorities if required (registering personnel, submitting documents…)
- Update the monthly HR reporting Pack, check and consolidate for the whole mission
- Ensure the respect of the HR monthly calendar
Payroll, Tax and Social Contributions Management:
- Proceed and supervise the monthly salaries calculation and payroll processing for the whole mission
- Update and check the monthly related HR databases and payroll variables
- Ensure the payslip signature and archiving at time of all payroll related documents
- Ensure the monthly calculation of the Tax and social contribution for the whole mission
- Ensure that Taxes and social contributions statements and payments are made to the concerned authorities for the whole mission
- Ensure that staff personal files are kept up to date and archived according the proper guidelines for the whole mission
- Ensure preparation of HR files for Audit
- Ensure hard and soft archiving, as well as ensuring the security of HR/administrative documents
- Ensure that hard files from the bases are brought back to coordination on a regular basis
- Conduct the quarterly mailing of HR archives to HQ
- Update and consolidate monthly the mission organizational chart and its targeted version
- Update and consolidate the monthly statistical report for HQ
- Update and consolidate the SI ID card needs and send to the Logistics department
- Report to each head of department on a weekly and monthly basis Human Resources related information about their respective teams.
- Update monthly the International Staff FU and prepare the HR shuttle for HQ
Communication / representation:
- Work closely with and support the Administrative Managers
- Establish and maintain relationships with the administrative, legal, fiscal authorities at a national level
- Is the focal point of the consultants with who SI is working on HR related matters (Tax, Visa, lawyers)
- Assist the HR coordinator with report related HR, proposals and with drawing up HR sizing set-up
- Participate to the HR strategy definition
- Participate to the internal and external HR meetings and represented SI upon request
- Ensure that relevant HR information are published on the information board
- Report to the HR Coo any alerts concerning Solidarites International Staff and support the HR Coordinator in the social dialogue
- Ensure the HR data and information confidentiality
- Training/Education: B.Sc. Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related degrees
- Professional experience: 3 years of experience in similar position (NGO/Private or Public sector) and 2 years of progressive experience in an INGO
- Languages: English compulsory (Hausa/Kanuri – Added Advantage)
- Admin related skills: good knowledge of the project cycle, budget follow-up, recruitment, payroll, etc.
- IT skills: Good knowledge of Office software: Saga, Homere, Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point.
- Personal qualities: rigorous, organized, able to manage important workload, good learning capacity, good communication, reactive, team spirit, good written and analyses capacities, resistance to stress.
Application Closing Date
6th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Clicking on the link above and select “Deputy HR Coordinator- Maiduguri”
- Fill the form and attach your CV. The CV attached must be named with your name and surname.
Note: As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.