Deputy Manager (Production) at University Press PLC (UPPLC)
University Press PLC (UPPLC) was founded in 1949 under the name of Oxford University Press Nigeria, and has grown to become one of the oldest, most experienced and the Nation’s Foremost Publishers of materials for educational and for general reading. At incorporation as a public liability company in 1978, the Company’s name was changed to University Press Limited with an authorised share capital of 8,000,000 Ordinary shares of 50k each.
Quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange on 14th August 1978, UPPLC has, on two occasions, won the prestigious Stock Exchange Merit Award in the service sector of quoted companies. It has also won, for two consecutive years, 1984 and 1985, the Concord Prize for Excellence in Academic Publishing.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Manager (Production)
Location: Ibadan, Oyo (Head Office)
- Ensures Company’s policies and procedures are followed on inventory supplies and accurate records are maintained.
- Ensures that all machines are fully engaged in productive activity to meet the Company’s profitability goal of the unit.
- Prepares, updates, communicates and maintains the production schedule.
- Oversees all staff scheduling, time-off request and overtime.
- Monitors quality, accuracy, timeliness of all orders to ensure customers’ commitment are met through production of high quality jobs that meet customers’ delivery expectation.
- Takes all necessary actions to manage production costs without compromising quality.
- Coordinates completion of duties and manages all inventory supplies to ensure minimum waste, spoilage and abuse to equipment.
- Ensures preventive maintenance of all production equipment.
- Must be conversant with market price of materials and services.
- A relevant first degree (BSc / HND) in Graphics, Fine Arts, Design and Printing with a minimum of second class lower division / lower credit.
- At least five (5) years post qualification experience in managing a Production Department in the publishing and printing industry.
- Membership of relevant professional institute will be an added advantage.
- Not more than 38 years of age.
- Must have the ability to pay attention to details
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be proactive and versatile.
- Competitive and sufficiently attractive for the right type of candidate. A fulfilling and bright career is assured.
Application Closing Date
19th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Application Letter, CV, and photocopies of their Credentials (as stated above) to: [email protected] with the “Job title” as the subject of the email.
Send soft copies to:
The Head (Human Resources Division),
University Press Plc,
Three Crowns Building, Jericho,
badan – Oyo State.