Deputy Medical Coordinator (Nigerian Nationals Only)
Job position – Deputy Medical Coordinator
Work location – Maiduguri
Reporting to – Medical Coordinator
Supervision of – Medical /Nutrition Team
General-purpose of the position
Under the close supervision of the Medical Coordinator and in collaboration with the PMR (Project Medical Referent) and Project Manager, the Deputy Medical Coordinator supports the implementation of the overall medical scope (Health and Nutrition), strategies and activities under the OFDA project. The role-holder works according to INTERSOS protocols, standards, policies.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
· Assists the Medical Coordinator in developing new project proposals and concept notes in close coordination with the Programme Coordinator.
· Proactively participates in cluster meetings and relevant inter-sectoral coordination meetings at the field level, contributing to the development of guidelines, standards, tools and strategies
· Responsible for the medical data collection, analysis and reporting to the Medical Coordination through the correct use of internal databases and monitoring tools in order to ensure proper monitoring of the program
· In coordination with HQ Medical Unit being the focal person in case of absence of the Medical Coordinator to coordinates medical activities (opening and closure of mission, interim, reduced activities, etc…)
· Leads development/adoption of treatment guidelines for communicable and non-communicable diseases, surgical protocols and trauma.
· Works with subsectors and program managers to assess infection control in facilities, develop an integrated response between health and WASH to complement activities.
· Identifies and develops IEC material and treatment charts for various morbidities and clinical services and print to be distributed to the health facilities in line with provided guidelines.
· Develops and harmonize standards in clinics.
· Identifies new areas of expansion for INTERSOS such as EPI and Nutrition, work with partners to develop staff capacity and identify needs for implementation.
· Works with program staff for developing strategy and implementation of EPI.
· Trains and motivates the teams in the mission in order to align all field staff with INTERSOS values and ethics, and ensures their capability to carry out their job achieving INTERSOS quality standards (i.e. induction, briefing/debriefing, training, potential detection, evaluation)
· Collaborates with the Pharmacy Manager and according to project needs, in the pharmacy management in order to ensure enough and quality supply of drugs and medical material (i.e. review of medical orders and monitoring of medicines consumption and stock levels of the different projects)
· Advanced university degree in medicine or other paramedical studies. Desirable specialization in Tropical Medicine or a degree in Public Health
· At least 5 years of professional experience in implementing health-related projects preferably with surgical/orthopaedic/trauma background.
· Essential 2 years’ experience in relevant jobs, in INTERSOS or other NGO’s in fragile and unstable environments.
· Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
· Demonstrate experience with different donors’ compliance and reporting
· Leadership, people management and development, teamwork and cooperation
· Strategic Vision
· Service Orientation
· Understanding of humanitarian operations principles, standards and best practices
How to apply:
Interested candidates should complete this form and attach CV with the following format “Surname Position you applied for”. ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
Application deadline: apply no later than 24th June 2020 at 4:00 PM.
INTERSOS does not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.