Director, Finance & Corporate Resources at A Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Licensed Payment Solution Service Provider (PSSP)
A Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) licensed Payment Solution Service Provider (PSSP) company located in the northern region of Nigeria, with a mandate to employ world-class technologies that securely and efficiently allow organizations receive payments from their customers in exchange for goods and services through various payment channels.
Director, Finance & Corporate Resources
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Job Field
Finance / Accounting / Audit
This role will double as Director of Finance (DOF) and Director, Human Resources (DHR), with an added role of overseeing the Admin function.
The Director of Finance manages the company or organization’s finances and is responsible for financial reporting. DOF assesses financial risks and opportunities and oversee and manage lower-level financial managers. Also helps set and track financial goals, objectives, and budgets.
DHR is also responsible for overseeing the financial operations and financial planning of a company. Ensures the smooth running of a company’s finances by assessing financial markets, identifying solutions to financial issues, and preparing reports. Director, Human Resource is responsible for the smooth and profitable operation of a company’s human resources department. Director, Human Resource supervises and provides consultation to management on strategic staffing plans, like compensation, benefits, training and development, budget, and labour relations etc.
Job Description and Accountabilities
- Assist with high-level decisions about policy and strategy.
- Help with recruiting new staff members when necessary.
- Oversee the financial strategic planning of the company by evaluating its performance and potential risks.
- Monitoring invoices, money handling procedures, accounting and bank processes.
- Identify and address financial risks and opportunities for the company.
- Perform regular financial analysis.
- Supervise financial reporting and budgeting team.
- Review financial reports for ways to reduce costs.
- Develop budgets that meet the requirements of company departments.
- Establish targets and manage all accounting and finance employees including management accountants and internal auditors.
- Supervise all audit and internal control processes.
- Prepare detailed reports on the company’s financial performance.
- Guarantee compliance with financial laws and guidelines.
- Recognize patterns in company spending, revenue, and recommend solutions to any problem areas.
- Coordinate with external financial entities on behalf of the company.
- Work well with Executive Management team to develop the strategic plan.
- Create and deliver briefings to executives.
- Oversee an organization’s recruitment, interview, selection, and hiring processes.
- Plan employee benefit, payroll, health and safety programs.
- Facilitate and monitor the implementation and advancement of human resource processes.
- Follow and ensure adherence to relevant internal and legal procedures.
- Oversee and check the update of employee records.
- Respond to all inquiries by Labour Union and Lawyers in a professional and timely manner.
- Effectively structure benefits programs to attract and retain top talent.
- Initiate oversee and coordinate updating human resource software systems.
- Suggest appropriate innovative measures for improving performance evaluations and employee engagement.
Job Requirements – (Skills and Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, Master degree or MBA.
- Experience in a senior management position.
- Strong financial and accounting background, with experience in preparing the various financial statements.
- Experience with corporate governance.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Experience with budget management, public accounting, and cash flow.
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions.
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate.
Applicants should send CVs to [email protected]