Director, Health Informatics at the Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC)
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
MGIC is a non-profit affiliate of UMB with a mission to administratively support international operations of UMB Principal Investigators. Our purpose is to provide the administrative infrastructure for sizable and sustained operations outside of the U.S.
Currently, MGIC operates in Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Zambia, with registration applicati…
Read more about this company
Director, Health Informatics
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 5 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare  , NGO/Non-Profit
- Develop and maintain project plan.
- Manage dependencies to larger project target, and source application schedules.
- Coordinate the development of a data governance strategy and team.
- Analyze target and source systems.
- Perform tests.
- Assess data mapping and business rules for data transformation.
- Provide data support, including data analysis, data quality assessment, mapping, and migration assessment.
- Conduct initial sizing for staging database(s).
- Plan life-cycle management of database objects.
- Manage planning for schema changes and user security.
- Develop and validate integration modules.
- Provide coordination and management of the project to ensure all tasks are completed on time and within budget.
- Carry out demo sessions where stakeholders can view the integration module as they are developed.
- Train relevant stakeholders in the use and management of the implemented system at the end of the development phase
- Provide after-service support to relevant stakeholders to manage the NHMIS module developed and monitor data synchronization for up to one quarter or across one quarterly reporting cycle.
- Share a final report and user manual at the end of the project.
Requirements, Education / Experience
- Must have a minimum of OND, HND or BSc in Computer Science / Computer Engineering, Health Technology, Statistics or other related fields. A Master degree will be an added advantage.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years working experience in software development, database management or computer network implementation and administration
- Specialized knowledge: Familiarity with Electronic medical records implementation especially OpenMRS or NigeriaMRS
- Skills: Strong organizational skills, Problem solving, Adaptability, Written and oral communications skills, Strong teamwork skills, Critical thinking, and Strong computer background
- Interpersonal/Individual Competencies: ability to work with other team members, flexibility, decisiveness and personal integrity
- Professional Certification: Certification in any applicable Information Technology professional body is desirable but not required.
Method of Application
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love