Driver at African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) is a multilateral development finance institution established to contribute to the economic development and social progress of African countries. The AfDB was founded in 1964 and comprises three entities: The African Development Bank, the African Development Fund and the Nigeria Trust Fund.
The AfDB’s missi…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification Secondary School (SSCE)
- Experience 3 years
- Location Other
- Job Field Driving
Location: Libreville, Gabon
Position N°: 50052063
- The Vice-Presidency for Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery is responsible for operational relevance, efficiency and effectiveness of the Bank Group’s operational programs, and activities.
- The Vice-Presidency for Regional Development will ensure that the Bank operates successfully across its Regional Member Countries and oversee the full implementation of all aspects of the Bank’s Regional Directorates.
- Within regional development, integration and business delivery complex the Bank has five (5) regional hubs one in each region: South Africa, North Africa, West Africa, East Africa and Central Africa. Each Regional Hub is headed by a Director General.
The Hiring Department
- The Directorate-General for Central Africa plays a key role in the Bank’s operational framework for poverty reduction and sustainable development in its regional member countries. It steers the preparation of indicative national and regional lending strategies and programmes, focusing on the flagship programmes of the Bank’s High 5s, namely: “Light up and Power Africa,” “Feed Africa,” “Industrialize Africa,” “Integrate Africa” and “Improve the Quality of Life for the People of Africa.” The various Country Office falls within one of the five (5) Regions of the Africa Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Hubs. The Hub oversees a combination of country and liaison offices, as well as non-presence countries.
- Under the Directorate General for Central Africa, the Gabon Country Office of the African Development Bank have been established to strengthen policy dialogue between the Bank, Governments and other stakeholders; improve performance of the project portfolio and aid coordination with other development partners.
- The Driver provides reliable and safe driving services to the Gabon Country Manager and performs office messenger duties
- This position is based in Libreville, Gabon and does not attract international terms and conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the overall supervision of the Country Manager and the day-to-day supervision of the Administrative Officer of the Country Office, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Support the Operations with focus to the Office staff, visiting missions and official delegation of the Office on official duties, within Gabon as and when required;
- Transport the Country Manager or as otherwise assigned in the conduct of the Bank’s operations;
- Ensure routine maintenance for the vehicles of the Office;
- Perform office messenger duties;
- Represent the Bank in a professional manner with respect to appearance and conduct at all times;
- Ensure the cleaning of the vehicles, keep records of official travel, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, lubrication etc. ;
- Ensure that the formalities provided for in the regulations are met in the event of an accident;
- Perform any other duties reasonably requested by the Country Manager and management.
- Hold at least a High School Diploma;
- Hold a valid driver’s license with a clean track record;
- Possess any additional documentation and/or certification to carry out the job;
- Have a minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience as a driver in an international / multinational organization, or public or private sector organization;
- Experience and skills in minor vehicle repairs, and routine maintenance for the vehicles;
- Working knowledge of the rules and regulations involved in the safe and efficient operation of automotive equipment;
- Demonstrated initiative; be discreet, honest and have good character;
- Excellent team work and interpersonal skills;
- Good written and verbal communication skills in French or English . Working knowledge of other language will be an added advantage;
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft software e.g. Microsoft Word and use of internet.