Driver at Altara Credit Limited ("Altara")
Altara Credit Limited (“Altara”) is a Nigerian consumer and business services venture. Our core value proposition is to improve the quality of life for the average Nigerian by driving financial inclusion. Altara is built on serving the underbanked and the otherwise financially excluded.
Our debut service is “buy now, pay later” where we allow formal & informal sector workers, and SME owners purchase a variety of products and equipment for their homes and businesses but instead of paying for the products in full upfront, pay a small amount over time.
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationSecondary School (SSCE)
- Job Field
Transportation and Driving
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- Driver responsibilities include arranging regular cleaning and maintenance services for the vehicle, making sure vehicle documentations are up to date, planning each route based on road and traffic conditions and managing and optimizing fuel consumption.
- Ultimately, the driver will help increase customer satisfaction, by making sure orders are delivered to the showrooms as at when needed.
- To be considered for this role, you should have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record with no traffic violations, good knowledge of vehicle papers, excellent knowledge of southwest road network, basic understanding of Toyota bus mechanics.
- Map out driving routes ahead of time to determine the most expedient trip
- Pick up orders from the warehouse and as at the time they are requested
- Assist Inventory officers with loading and unloading of the Vehicles
- Listen to traffic and weather reports to stay up-to-date on road conditions
- Adjust the route to avoid heavy traffic or road constructions, as needed
- Embark on regular product pickup and delivery out of state of employment
- Ensure the vehicles are clean and comfortable for all riders
- Schedule regular car service appointments and report any issues
- Book vehicle servicing and detailing services to maintain engine efficiency and good interior and exterior cleanliness of the vehicle.
- Proven experience as a Driver
- A valid driver’s license
- A clean driving records
- Minimum visual acuity of 20/50 (or corrected to 20/50)
- Familiarity with GPS devices
- Knowledge of south west area roads and neighborhoods
- Ability to lift heavy packages and luggage
- Availability to regularly take Interstate journey and sometimes work weekend
- A polite and professional disposition
- Ability to remain calm in stressful driving situations (e.g. at rush hour)
- A high school diploma
- Mechanic experience is an added advantage.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] stating the Role as subject of the email.