Drug Revolving Fund (DRF) Training Consultants, TO4 (MNCH
Scope of Work
Position Title: Drug Revolving Fund (DRF) Training Consultants, TO4 (MNCH)
Classification: STTA (Local)
Level of Effort /Fixed term contract: 60 days
Location: Remote and Multiple Locations within Nigeria
Background: The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world. The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program and USAID’s Maternal Newborn and Child Health Program. The Global Health Supply Chain Program-Procurement and Supply Management project (GHSC-PSM) provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
GHSC-PSM works to support the USAID’s Health Population and Nutrition Office on Maternal, Newborn and Child Health interventions to increase access to quality, lifesaving MNCH commodities thereby saving lives and improving the health of women, children, and newborns. In Nigeria, GHSC-PSM has been asked to focus its efforts, in collaboration with other USAID implementing partners to strengthen/reform the Drug Revolving Fund (DRF) systems in Bauchi, Kebbi and Sokoto States aligning with sustainable strategies.
This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Consultant to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. The objective of this billable short-term assignment is to serve as the DRF Training Consultant, TO4 (MNCH) for the USAID Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC) – Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) project.
The DRF Training Consultants will facilitate and train participants on the curriculum content during the cascade trainings towards an effective and sustainable DRF program in Bauchi (Phase 2), Kebbi, Sokoto, Zamfara States + other states.
Facilitation, Supervision and Evaluation
· In collaboration with the expert trainers, support in the delivery of the DRF cascade trainings to participants in focus States.
· Conduct a comprehensive evaluation of each training and evolve participants feedback into recommendations for content and delivery improvement.
· Ensure compliance with curriculum standards and best practices during Step down trainings.
· Any other duty as assigned.
· Develop a comprehensive narrative report of each cascade training conducted/supported.
· Submit all reports to the Lead trainer. (Expert Trainer)
· Ensure feedback are included in the report.
The following deliverables and schedule are due of the Consultant.**
Weekly progress reports
Every other Friday during period of engagement
Logistics support for training clusters
To be provided prior and during planned training
Facilitation, Supervision and Evaluation of DRF operations training
During assigned step training.
Training reports for each cascade training
Following day after every cascade training.
Comprehensive narrative reports on detailing progress on deliverable
After every batch of training(s).
The Consultant shall deliver to USAID GHSC-PSM the following deliverables, in accordance with the schedule set forth in the table above and as would be communicated.
Deliverable No. 2: Logistics Support for Training Clusters
This deliverable is a Microsoft document detailing logistics support provided to GHSC-PSM staff in preparation for the training. This will include a summary of clustering, arrangement of training materials, classroom arrangement and facilitators meetings.
Deliverable No 3: Facilitation, Supervision and Evaluation of DRF operations training
This deliverable comprises of a comprehensive narrative Microsoft word report of the training batch facilitated. It will include an executive summary, a background / introductory section, training methodology / process section describing activities carried out, a section on findings / outcomes, recommendations, pre and post-test scores challenges, and conclusion. In addition, the document will provide a summary of the performance of state-based facilitators in the cluster supervised.
Final payment will be contingent upon formal acceptance and the submission of each deliverable accomplished under the planned contract.
· University degree in Pharmacy, Public Health, Health Economics, Accounting, or other relevant fields.
· Demonstrable expertise in one or more DRF structure (governance, financing, and operations) and/or technically relevant work in public health supply chain.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in leading and facilitating trainings, certification a plus.
· Previous experience working with stakeholders in target states an added advantage.
· Previous professional experience with international donor programs an added advantage
· Results oriented professional capable of achieving targets and goals set in cooperation with the client, counterparts, and stakeholders.
· Demonstrated understanding of supply chain concept preferred.
· Prior technical review experience is required.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Attention to detail, strong oral and written communications skills are required.
· Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired
· Good attitude and work ethic
· Fluency in English is required, Hausa or Yoruba or Igbo is an added advantage.
The Drug Revolving Fund (DRF) Training Consultants will report directly to Workforce Supply Chain Development Manager or designee during the activity.
How to apply:
To apply, Kindly click the link below