Early Childhood Teacher at Stella Maris School
Stella Maris School is full of happy and highly motivated children. We are committed to providing a warm, welcoming and nurturing atmosphere with a strong educational ethos and moral values.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Early Childhood Teacher
Location: Abuja (Onsite)
Employment Type: Full-time
- An early childcare teacher provides a stimulating, safe, and developmentally appropriate educational environment where children have the opportunity to develop cognitive, social, emotional, and physical skills.
- To be a successful early childcare teacher, you should be able to display strong communication skills and a kind and gentle demeanor when interacting with children.
- Ultimately, an outstanding early childcare teacher should display patience and use creative ways to interact and engage with children.
- Organizes and provides developmentally appropriate early childhood education programs;
- Provides activities and opportunities that encourage curiosity, exploration, and problem solving appropriate to the developmental levels and learning styles of children.
- Plans and prepares classroom setting; oversees safety and educational programs; supervises children in the classroom; provides a supportive environment in which children can learn and practice appropriate and acceptable individual and group behaviors.
- Teaching and following a daily routine.
- Consistently planning innovative ways of keeping children actively engaged.
- Imparting knowledge to children through fun and play.
- Ensuring the social and emotional growth of the child.
- Addressing the physical needs of the individual child or group.
- maintains open and cooperative communication with parents and families, encouraging their involvement in the program and supporting the child’s family relationships.
- Writes and compiles individual assessments of each child’s development; completes daily inventories, child attendance, and related reports.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of B.Ed / B.Sc / HND.
- Minimum of 3+ years experience as a childcare teacher.
- Love for children, tolerance, and flexibility.
- Ability to provide activities for children that encourage healthy growth.
- Ability to exercise control and maintain classroom discipline.
- Knowledge of applicable safety procedures.
- Ability to provide a supportive and caring environment for children.
- Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops.
- Ability to work during the evening, and after-hours, as needed.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Knowledge of early childhood education programs and techniques.
- Knowledge of child development theory and practice.
- Ability to evaluate, design, and implement curriculum, testing, and/or teaching methodologies.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to the email address indicated under the apply button using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 1st August, 2022.