Stella Maris School is full of happy and highly motivated children. We are committed to providing a warm, welcoming and nurturing atmosphere with a strong educational ethos and moral values.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Early Childhood Teacher
Location: Abuja (Onsite)
Employment Type: Full-time
- An early childcare teacher provides a stimulating, safe, and developmentally appropriate educational environment where children have the opportunity to develop cognitive, social, emotional, and physical skills.
- To be a successful early childcare teacher, you should be able to display strong communication skills and a kind and gentle demeanor when interacting with children.
- Ultimately, an outstanding early childcare teacher should display patience and use creative ways to interact and engage with children.
- Organizes and provides developmentally appropriate early childhood education programs;
- Provides activities and opportunities that encourage curiosity, exploration, and problem solving appropriate to the developmental levels and learning styles of children.
- Plans and prepares classroom setting; oversees safety and educational programs; supervises children in the classroom; provides a supportive environment in which children can learn and practice appropriate and acceptable individual and group behaviors.
- Teaching and following a daily routine.
- Consistently planning innovative ways of keeping children actively engaged.
- Imparting knowledge to children through fun and play.
- Ensuring the social and emotional growth of the child.
- Addressing the physical needs of the individual child or group.
- maintains open and cooperative communication with parents and families, encouraging their involvement in the program and supporting the child's family relationships.
- Writes and compiles individual assessments of each child's development; completes daily inventories, child attendance, and related reports.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of B.Ed / B.Sc / HND.
- Minimum of 3+ years experience as a childcare teacher.
- Love for children, tolerance, and flexibility.
- Ability to provide activities for children that encourage healthy growth.
- Ability to exercise control and maintain classroom discipline.
- Knowledge of applicable safety procedures.
- Ability to provide a supportive and caring environment for children.
- Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops.
- Ability to work during the evening, and after-hours, as needed.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Knowledge of early childhood education programs and techniques.
- Knowledge of child development theory and practice.
- Ability to evaluate, design, and implement curriculum, testing, and/or teaching methodologies.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 1st August, 2022.