Effluent Treatment Plant Operator at UAC Foods Limited
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
uac foods limited is a joint venture business between uac of Nigeria plc. ( a leading indigenous conglomerate in nigeria) and Tiger Brands Limited( A South Africa Leading Food Giant).
The Business is committed to quality products and into production of leading brands in the Snacks, Dairies and Beverage Categories.
The Snacks Category consists of:
Read more about this company
Effluent Treatment Plant Operator
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification OND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Safety and Environment / HSE
UAC Foods Limited- a joint venture business between UACN PLC and Tiger Brands of South Africa operating in the food sector of the economy is a leading producer of snacks, beverages, and ice cream. Our brands include Gala Sausage Roll, Funtime Coconut Chips, Groundnut chips and Cupcake, SWAN Natural Spring Water and Supreme Ice Cream.
We are seeking to hire an Effluent Treatment Plant (ETP) Operator.
Work Base Location is Ojota, Lagos State.
To take responsibility for operating the Effluent Treatment Plant (ETP). Operates the machinery that converts wastewater in drains and sewers into a form that is safe to release into the environment.
You will be accountable for
- Performing all aspects of sampling, monitoring, and testing required to maintain compliance with Federal State and Local regulations governing the wastewater treatment process, storm water and sludge management.
- Controlling equipment and monitoring processes that remove or destroy harmful materials, chemicals, and microorganisms from wastewater.
- Keeping records of wastewater (influent and treated effluent) quality and other indicators. Responsible for waste management programs and activities in line with the set business processes.
- Operating and maintaining the pumps and motors that move water and wastewater through filtration systems. Fixing chemical leaks and oxygen deficiencies.
- Assisting in the performance of regular and unscheduled maintenance and repairs on all plant equipment and machinery.
- Responding to emergencies and breakdowns at the plant and pump stations.
- Conducting necessary weekend checks of the treatment plant on a rotational basis.
- Maintaining open communications with the Engineering Service Manager or the Facility Manager regarding the treatment process and pump stations malfunctions, as well as make recommendations for repairs and improvements to these systems.
- Ensuring all activities / work done are in conformance with Occupational Safety and Health Act regulations.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of a workable HSE Management System (HSE-MS)
- Participating in HSE inspections, audit of project sites and facilities, accident investigation and reporting
- Ensuring health and safety systems, policies, procedures, and programs used to manage jobs are understood and are utilized by company and contract personnel.
- Participating in the delivery of health safety and environment training programs. Deliver training and induction to visitors, contractors, and employees.
- Conducting and participating in review, inspections and audits of contractors, their equipment and programs to ensure compliance with company and Regulatory requirements.
- Providing effective health and safety communication throughout all levels of the workforce
- Carrying out daily environmental/hygiene, safety audit and generating reports which must be followed up to ensure all observations and non-compliances are closed.
- Carrying out daily risk assessment of the site and ensuring all observations and non-compliances are duly communicated to the Health Safety & Environment Manager, and followed up to ensure closure
- Ensuring that the daily pest Management surveillance is maintained by the consultant and fumigation is carried out by the service provider as at when due with proper record keeping.
The ideal candidate will possess.
- A minimum of OND in an Engineering discipline.
- 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing entity preferably FMCG
- Organisational, and interpersonal communication skills
- Sound Business & Engineering knowledge with relevant technical skills
- Self-confident and good external orientation
- Student membership of an Engineering institute or other relevant professional body is an added advantage
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: r[email protected] using the position as subject of email.