Electrical & Instrumentation Trainer at SPIE Oil & Gas Services
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Representing upstream in exploration, offshore and onshore production, as well as downstream in refining and petrochemicals, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is dedicated to addressing the emerging human, technological and environmental challenges involved in maintaining and operating new oil and gas fields.
Our success is built on over 40 years of rich histor…
Read more about this company
Electrical & Instrumentation Trainer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Rivers
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contract type: Permanent Contract
Contractual hours: Full time
Main Purpose of the Job
- Deliver theoretical and OJT programmes for electrical & instruments technicians, supervisors, specialists and graduate engineers to enable a common high level of competence.
- Responsible for the implementation and compliance of the E&I Engineering and Maintenance Team Competence assurance system across the Spie business in all assets.
- Support line managers in identifying needs and ensuring these needs are met in a consistent and cost effective manner.
- Deliver theoretical and OJT programmes for electrical & instruments technicians, supervisors, specialists and graduate engineers.
- Develop and prepare all course teaching materials and visual aids liaising as required with the Recruitment Team. This will also include any course reference materials and/or student workbooks.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy of all individual training records and to provide accurate reports as and when required.
- Provide the client with detailed student progress reports containing the
- assessment, level of competence, attendance and behaviors of the trainees.
- Liaise with equipment vendors and any additional specialist instrumentation suppliers to ensure that teaching materials support the knowledge required for a trainee to develop satisfactory workplace competence.
- Conduct instrument and control overview training program for production personnel and others requiring a basic presentation on the plants operational control features.
- Design appropriate courses for the trainees and to schedule their release to the operational plant to enable them to quickly develop and utilize their new skills on the job.
- Conduct refresher training courses and additional remedial program if requested
- You have extensive experience working in the Oil & Gas Services industry as an Electrical & Instrumentation Trainer.
- Good knowledge & usage of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- SPIE Oil & Gas Services is committed to promote diversity. This position is opened to people with disabilities
- Minimum level of experience required: 10 years or more
- Languages: English (D-Full professional proficiency)
Method of Application
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love