Emergency Medical Dispatcher (Nurse) at TeamAce Limited
At TeamAce, we help businesses across different industries thrive. We work with businesses to create their desired change by getting the right people, designing bespoke business processes, leveraging data, applying insights and technology. We combine our expertise and take different bespoke approaches to solve different business challenges because we believe there is no one size fits all approach. This way, you keep your eyes on the prize and thrive.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Emergency Medical Dispatcher (Nurse)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Are you an experienced nurse looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to advance your career? If you are a highly competent, dedicated and compassionate person who can work under pressure, we have the perfect job for you! We are looking for a qualified nurse to receive emergency calls and support our emergency response command center operations in Lagos.
- This position will evolve into a more supervisory role for the right candidate as operations grow.
- Serve as emergency dispatcher
- Receive all in-coming calls and assign case priority
- Provide phone first aid, referrals, and guidance to non-emergency callers
- Utilize ERA technology platform to dispatch first responders
- Support first responders during active response
- Maintain quality assurance of documentation and client records
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Evaluate paramedics performance
- Provide psychological and emotional support to patients and their family and friends
- Provide clinical expertise in the management of medical emergencies
- Handle complaints or other issues
- Maintain a running inventory of medical supplies on the response vehicle and makes purchases when necessary
- Previous working experience as a Nursing Supervisor and / or emergency call taker/dispatcher for (3) year(s)
- BSc or diploma in nursing
- Any additional certification in healthcare administration will be considered an advantage
- CPR and Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification, or ability to obtain such within 6 months of hire
- Valid nursing license
- In-depth knowledge of hospital procedures
- Outstanding patient management skills
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Great organizational and time management
- Problem solver with a positive attitude.
Application Closing Date
25th February, 2021