Engineering Utilities Team Leader at British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN)
British American Tobacco plc (informally BAT) is a British multinational tobacco company headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It is one of the world’s five largest tobacco companies.
BAT has a market-leading position in over 50 countries and operations in around 180 countries. Its four largest-selling brands are Dunhill, Lucky Strike, Kent and …
Read more about this company
Engineering Utilities Team Leader
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 years
- Location Oyo
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
Job Number: 23865
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Appointment Type: Permanent
- This work involves the controlling, operating or maintaining of engineering/utilities machines within the engineering department in order to support the manufacturing department to manufacture products on time and in full according to specified quality standards and at optimum cost.
- Operate the utilities / engineering equipment according to the standard operating procedures in order to continuously make the equipment to be 100% available according to standard maintenance practices in all or multiple equipment layout within the department;
- Check that that multiple equipment has a maintenance plan/schedule in conformance to manufacturer’s standards;
- Conduct daily and weekly cleaning maintenance schedule according to prescribed procedures to ensure efficient machine performance;
- Complete relevant documents/checklists as prescribed in order to ensure availability of accurate maintenance data;
- Apply EHS procedures and good practices in order to prevent personal injuries and damage to equipment;
- Ensure a prompt end of shift report of all Technical issues preventing the machines in his domain from achieving optimum performance;
- Carry out a comprehensive maintenance job with necessary supervision and controlling of other team members to achieve this aim;
- Ability to pass the technical proficiency test, and shows a high level of hands on skills;
- Ability to perform routine maintenance on all available Engineering/Utilities P, M & E (Plant, Machinery & Equipment);
- Ensure that planned maintenance is effectively implemented, in a timely and cost-effective manner and optimization of OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness).
Requirements, Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience on utilities plants and equipment in a fast-moving consumer goods environment will serve as an advantage;
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or any related field;
- Good understanding of electrical and mechanical engineering principles;
- Good understanding of standards of good practice, mechanical/electrical drawings and schematics;
- Ability to gather and interpret technical data;
- Proficiency in fault finding/troubleshooting;
- Decision making and problem-solving capabilities.