Goteh Construction was established to provide a broad spectrum of solutions and expertise to the Africa infrastructure Sector. This broad capability enables us to offer our stakeholders full range of solutions from Design, Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Installation and Commissioning as well as Maintenance Management.
Goteh deploys progressive construction methods to ensure that innovation and quality are prioritized for the benefit of stakeholders. Our business reputation is built on efficiency and timeliness of project delivery.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Officer (Entry Level)
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Role/ Objectives
- A Construction Company seeks to recruit a young and dynamic HSE Officer who would ensure facility/site compliance with corporate safety standards, improve safety performance and ensure safety policies and procedures are practiced on site and in the corporate office.
Position Overview / Responsibilities
- Assist in the coordination of workers’ training in areas such as safety laws and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, and the use of safety equipment.
- Ensure all employees comply with all safety standards.
- Ensure workplace safety comply with HSE statutory requirements.
- Conduct and present monthly safety findings.
- Identify safety hazards, assess the risks, develop appropriate controls and facilitate implementation.
- Assist in performance of safety audits inspection of facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance.
- Assist in investigating construction accidents, near-miss incidents, and occupational injuries to determine causes, install preventive measures, and manage return-to-work activities.
- B.Sc. Degree in any relevant field.
- Minimum of 1 – 3 years experience in field safety management.
- Demonstrated commitment to safe working practices.
- The ability to overcome obstacles and solve problems to achieve results.
- A personal commitment to continuous self-development.
- Professional, self-motivated and proactive individual.
- Good knowledge of occupational health and safety management system.
- Registered with a recognized HSE professional association.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable regulations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV attached with a passport photograph, Degree Certificate, NYSC Certificate and any other professional / relevant certificates in one (1) email to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Candidates who do not comply with the above directives would be disqualified
Application Deadline 26th October, 2021.