Executive Assistant at Domeo Resources International
Domeo Resources International (DRI) is a prolific organisation which proffers HR and Management Consultancy solutions premised on excellence and innovation. DRI analyses various organisational problems, develops improvement plans, deploys those plans and monitors the plans to ensure improved organisational performance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Managing Director
- The main function of this job role is to provide administrative support to the MD and accomplish strategic objectives by overseeing the holistic life cycle of multiple project activities and business ideas.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the MD including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports etc.
- Take minutes of meetings attended with the CEO and circulate accordingly.
- Plan and design the organisational programme portfolio consisting of multiple projects.
- Create and implement guidelines for evaluating the programme strengths and areas where improvement is required.
- Assign tasks to project team members to ensure project objectives are completed as required.
- Ensure effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of each project throughout the project life cycle.
- Ensure project execution on time and within budget, in accordance with the developed Project Management Plan.
- Proactively monitor schedule and quality, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action(s).
- Collect and analyse project performance data for accurate management decisions.
- Ensure appropriate allocation of all resources and skills across each project.
- Manage third party contributions to the projects.
- Professionally manage communications with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and achieve operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans as communicated by Executive Management.
- Compose and prepare correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arrange complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agenda; and compile documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plan, coordinate and ensure the MD’s schedule is followed and respected. Provide “gatekeeper” and “gateway” roles, creating win-win situations for direct access to the MD’s time and office.
- Communicate directly and on behalf of the MD, with staff, clients, potential clients, and others, on matters related to the MD.
- Researche, prioritize and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the MD, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the MD’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with Senior Management staff.
- Work closely and effectively with the MD to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Act as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the MD updated.
- Provide leadership to build relationship crucial to the success of the organization.
- Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the MD’s ability to effectively lead the organization.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Senior Management Liaison:
- Participate as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending all meetings.
- Assist in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings, and all-staff meetings.
- Facilitate cross-divisional coordination of travel and other plans.
Communications & Partnerships:
- Ensure that the MD’s bio is kept updated and respond to requests for materials regarding the MD and the organization in general.
- Edit and complete first drafts for written communications to external stakeholders.
- Initiatives team in coordinating the MD’s outreach activities.
- Follow up on contacts made by the MD and support the cultivation of ongoing relationships.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience / Qualifications
- Candidates should posses a degree in the Social Sciences or its equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years-experience in a similar role.
Competencies / Skills:
- Excellent programme management skills.
- Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills.
- Excellent decision-making and organisational skills.
- Excellent Stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent planning and time management skills.
- Proven ability to balance multiple projects, and collaborate across disciplines in a cross-functional atmosphere.
- A self-starter who is a doer and can work on his/her own projects with minimal direction.
- Knowledge of Office Software and Internet.
Behavioral Qualities / Other Competencies:
- High entrepreneurial acumen.
- Proactive identification and elimination of inefficiencies.
- Goal, quality and excellence orientation.
- High level of flexibility and adaptability.
- Ability to motivate others to achieve goals and instill confidence whilst respecting and supporting colleagues and team members to reach their full potential.
- Ability to translate strategic objectives into everyday activities.
- Ability to solve complex problems, continuously improve and adapt the ideas of others.
Application Closing Date
13th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.