Executive Chef at Novotel Hotels and Resorts Port Harcourt December, 2019
Novotel Hotels and Resorts Port Harcourt is recruiting for fulltime Executive Chef.
Novotel Hotels and Resorts Port Harcourt offers the perfect blend of comfort and convenience for your visit to the Garden City. Its location is ideal for both leisure and business travelers conveniently situated only 20 minutes from the Airport and golf course. Our rooms are spaciously designed to suit every traveling style or requirement. Facilities include restaurant, bar, laundry service, pool, parking and fitness centre.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Chef
- Ensuring promptness, freshness and quality of dishes.
- Coordinating cooks’ tasks.
- Implementing hygiene policies and examining equipment for cleanliness.
- Designing new recipes, planning menus and selecting plate presentation.
- Reviewing staffing levels to meet service, operational and financial objectives.
- Hiring and training kitchen staff, such as cooks, food preparation workers and dishwashers.
- Performing administrative tasks, taking stock of food and equipment supplies, and doing purchase orders.
- Setting and monitoring performance standards for staff.
- Obtaining feedback on food and service quality, and handling customer problems and complaints.
Min Required Experience:
- 2+ years culinary education.
- 5+ years experience in similar position.
- Advanced knowledge of food profession principles and practices.
- Food Hygiene certification like SGF or HAACCP
- Proficient knowledge of human resources management.
- Excellent knowledge of BOH systems, ordering and inventory.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Available to work on call, shifts, after hours, over weekends and on public holidays.
Application Closing Date
3rd January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can send applications to [email protected]