Executive Chef at UnoCasa Limited
UnoCasa Limited – Our client, a 4-Star Hotel is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Chef
Location: Akwa Ibom
Employment Type: Full-time
Roles & Responsibilities
- Setting and Maintaining Goals for Culinary Function and Activities.
- Develops and implements guidelines and control procedures for purchasing and receiving areas.
- Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
- Manages department controllable expenses including food cost, supplies, uniforms, and equipment.
- Participates in the budgeting process for areas of responsibility.
- Knows and implements the brand’s safety standards. Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are met.
- Provides direction for menu development.
- Monitors the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Recognizes superior quality products, presentations, and flavor.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Maintains purchasing, receiving and food storage standards.
- Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions. Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service.
- Provides and supports service behaviors that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals and or managers.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
Qualifications & Skills
- At least 3 – 5 years industry experience
- Applicants must have vast knowledge in preparing both continental and African cuisines.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong leadership & managerial skills.
- Strong sense of judgment.
- Good time management.
- Initiative and self-motivation.
Application Closing Date
27th June, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to:
using the Job Title as the subject of the email.