External Auditor at Federal Polytechnic Nekede
The Federal Polytechnic Nekede – Established in 1978 as the College of Technology Owerri changed to The Polytechnic Nekede, in 1987 further renamed Federal Polytechnic Nekede, Owerri, by the Federal Polytechnic Act (Amendment) Decree No. 5 of 1993. Its programmes are duly accredited by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE).
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the below:
Job Title: External Auditor
Location: Owerri, Imo
- The External Auditors shall on behalf of the Governing Council audit the financial statements of the Institution in line with the guidelines of the general Audit standard and the provisions of relevant extant rules.
The Audit Firm for the post is expected to fulfill the following requirements:
- Must have registered or renewed its registration with the Office of the Auditor General of the Federation,
- Evidence of registration with Corporate Affairs Commission,
Tenure of the Auditors:
- The tenure of the Appointed Auditors would be for (3) years in the first instance, and renewable subject to satisfactory performance, and in line with the extant rules for another (2) two years.
- There should be evidence of Tax Clearance for 3 years,
- Evidence of Value Added Taxation (VAT) registration,
- Evidence of Tax Identification Number (TIN).
- The Audit firm should include evidence of serving in the same capacity to similar institutions in the past.
- Evidence of compliance with the provisions of Pension Reform Act 2004.
- Evidence of registration of staff members of the audit firm with a professional body e.g. CAN.
- Fees are negotiable. However, it must be as prescribed in the guidelines issued by the Accountant General of the Federation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications giving the details in the following order:
- Applicants to attach ten (10) type written copies of their applications.
- Applicants will be required to produce originals of their certificates and other relevant documents during interview.
- Applicants must also be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence.
Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelop and marked “Application for the Post of External Auditors” at the top left hand corner of the envelope and addressed to:
Federal Polytechnic Nekede,
P.M.B. 1036, Owerri,
Application Deadline 24th April, 2020.