Factory / Administrative Manager at Protege Management
At ProtÃ©gÃ© Professionals, we believe that individuals and organisations need to apply a whole new level of thinking to navigate and thrive in the emerging world. We no longer have the luxury of conducting business as usual. The organisation or individual that will survive in today’s world is one who can imagine and create thei…
Read more about this company
Factory / Administrative Manager
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 15 years
- Location Akwa Ibom
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial
Report To: MD/CEO
- We are looking to hire an experienced Factory/Administrative Manager to supervise factory and administrative workers and ensure that factory targets are met.
- The Factory/Administrative Manager responsibilities include scheduling, equipment maintenance as needed, regularly walking the factory floor to monitor the performance of factory staff, and ensuring that all production orders are completed in a timely manner.
- The Factory/Administration Manager will be responsible for supervising daily support operations of the factory and plan the most efficient administrative procedures. The Factory/Administrative Manager will lead to complete a range of administrative duties in different departments. The goal is to ensure all support activities are carried on efficiently and effectively to allow the other operations to function properly. The role also places a great emphasis on management of the organisations Human Capital demands and sees the candidate take a lead role in the management of compliance related matters.
Operations and Logistics:
- Developing and implementing innovative strategies to streamline factory operations.
- Collaborating with quality control managers to establish and execute quality control processes.
- Ensuring that factory machinery is in good working order.
- Analysing production data to identify and resolve any production issues.
- Preparing production reports and submitting them to key decision-makers.
- Regularly inspecting finished products to determine whether they meet established quality standards.
- Motivating factory workers to continually achieve factory targets.
- Making sure inbound and outbound logistics operations run smoothly.
- Meeting with the finance manager on a regular basis to review the company’s financial performance.
- Monitoring company budgets and forecasts alongside the finance manager.
- Assisting in preparing results to the shareholders on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Developing and implementing an HR Strategy based on the overall company strategy to ensure that business needs are met.
- Recruitment – Advising and leading the management team in talent acquisition and management including managing the recruitment process in a manner that ensures the right caliber of employees is hired and retained.
- Leading in Manpower planning, to ensure an appropriate match between employees and jobs to be done.
- Record Keeping – Organising and maintaining personnel records, updating internal HR databases and preparing all HR related documents.
- Legal Compliance – Liaise with external partners, like insurance vendors, and ensure legal compliance.
- Reporting – Create regular reports and presentations on operation metrics.
- Performance Management – Developing, reviewing and sustaining a robust performance management process and all related functions including staff appraisal, training, planning and incentive schemes.
- Developing administrative budget based on the strategy and effectively managing it to ensure that cost management goals are achieved.
- Developing and implementing administrative policies and procedures and monitor all operations activities and practices to ensure compliance.
- Managing industrial relations matters and offer training, advise and general guidance to managers and supervisors on labour laws and related market practices, to ensure a harmonious work environment.
- Leading in handling staff grievances in a prompt, conscientious manner while playing heed to the company’s business needs and policies.
- Coordinating and implementing Human Resource Projects (Job Evaluation, Review of Scheme of Service, Review of HR policies, Review of HR processes and documentation, Manpower audits, managing all Insurance matters, Liaising with departmental managers regarding the training of new employees and offering HR support to all company staff.
- Responsible for safety management and training at the workplace, ensuring compliance with the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA). This involves the creation of programs such as company policies, training, investigating during cases of accidents and implementing post-injury follow up procedures for workers.
- Coordinating office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance with company policies.
- Supervising administrative staff and dividing responsibilities to ensure performance
- Monitor inventory of office supplies and the purchasing of new materials with attention to budgetary constraints.
- Manage travel arrangements for staff and business visitors.
- Management of Company Phone lines and correspondence.
- Undertake all and any administrative tasks, ensuring the rest of the staff has adequate support to work efficiently and that the company offices are running smoothly.
- Facility Management of both office and staff housing to ensure that buildings and their services meet the needs of the people that work/live in them. This extends to managing services such as cleaning, security, and parking to make sure that the surrounding environment is a suitable condition to work. The role also includes overseeing facilities services, maintenance activities and tradespersons (E.g. Electricians).
- Awareness of all statutory compliance requirements for the operating industry in Nigeria including but not limited to PENCOM, NSITF, EIA, NAFDAC, SON, etc.
- Ensuring all necessary compliance obligations are met and renewed at the right time.
- Conduct periodic internal reviews to ensure compliance procedures are followed.
- Disseminate written policies and procedures related to compliance activities.
- Maintain all documentation of compliance activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Industrial Management, Logistics, or related field.
- Min 15 years’ hands-on experience in the flour milling industry.
- Proven experience in a managerial or supervisory role within a flour mill.
- Certification in Production and Inventory Management as well as Quality Control.
- Sound knowledge of industry-specific factory equipment.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- The ability to multitask.
- Outstanding time management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- Effective communication skills.
The salary is negotiable.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as subject of the email.