Farm Manager at Greenhill Farms (Saro Africa Group) December, 2019
Greenhill Farms (Saro Africa Group) is recruiting for fulltime Farm Manager.
Greenhill Farms, a subsidiary of Saro Africa Group, is a company engaged in the end to end Production of Ethanol from Cassava situated in Edo State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Farm Manager
- The position of the Farm Manager is a leadership and management position in the Company.
- The Farm Manager is charged with the overall responsibility of ensuring that all farm activities run smoothly and profitably with sound administrative and technical practices.
- Undertakes the supervision of all farm production planning, operations from land clearing, through soil preparation, crop management and harvesting up to delivery to factory gate.
- Shall be responsible for the preparation and execution of farm budgets and investments in line with set goals and targets.
- Shall be responsible for the efficient deployment and routine maintenance of farm machineries, selection and application of appropriate agro inputs in a cost-effective manner.
- Maintains high level relationship with key farm and factory technical personnel to produce the required feedstock as at when due.
- Recruits and Supervises the activities of the block and field supervisors as well as casual workers to ensure high level performance in line with Greenhill strategy.
- Maintain an high level and professional relationship with collaborators that will aid in delivering planned Green Hills strategy
- Liaises with input suppliers and service providers to ensure prompt delivery of goods and services with minimum wastages.
- Monitors the delivery of products to ensure that goods are received in good conditions by the farm.
- Ensure that cassava root delivery to the factory is as planned with minimum delay and wastage.
- Ensures that production costs and controls are in line with expectations and must strive to be cost efficient at all times.
- Ensure efficient cost management that will deliver improvement in cost reduction and make Green Hills remains the most cost-efficient producer of Cassava root
Risk and Control:
- Ensure that identified risks in the farm operations are mitigated according to the plan.
- Ensures that issues of security, community relations, flooding and fire are adequately planned for and mitigations put in place before they occur.
- Provide the leadership that will ensure that subordinates provide solutions to farms technical problems responsibly and ensure adequate safety precautions by associates, contract worker and customer.
- Will continuously ensure processes are followed and improved upon by adherence and proposing ways of improvement.
- Provides reports of functions on weekly and periodic basis as may be needed by the Top Management.
- Any other job that may be assigned by the Greenhill MD
- Experience in managing the human and material resources to profitably produce and sell arable crop produce especially cassava roots based on projected costs and returns.
- Experience in optimizing production inputs including mechanization activities to deliver cassava roots at least costs.
- Clear understanding and practical experience in the profit and loss analysis of cassava production
- Ability to select and recruit suitably qualified other farm technical staff (Supervisors, Tractor operators, Farm Assistants and casual labourers.
- Understanding of the commercial and marketing activities as well as production and price cycles of farm produce especially Cassava roots.
- Should have experience in rural community relationship management
- Should have Knowledge and practical field experience in managing profitable large scale mechanized farm preferably cassava production farms by adopting best management practice (agronomic, human and material resources).
- Should have knowledge and experience in achieving targeted cassava yield (volume and starch content) through planned activities from land preparation to harvesting including varietal selection across cassava growing seasons.
- Knowledge and Experience in the utilization of full farm mechanization options to optimize yield and lower production cost.
- Should be innovative and ready to adopt new improved technology for production, monitoring and decision making including digital apps.
- Experience in the organization and management of outgrowers/ingrowers schemes to achieve production targets will be an advantage.
- Ability to create relationships around his activities such as networking with other farm managers, processors, NGOs , communities and research institutes for knowledge exchange, social harmony and sourcing of required farm labour as may be needed.
Min Required Experience:
- Minimum of a Second Class Upper B.Agric (Hons) in Agronomy, Agric Economics or Extension from a reputable tertiary institution.
- Post graduate certificate in agriculture and business studies will be an advantage.
- Should have minimum of 10 years’ experience as a large-scale farm Manager and preferably in a commercial cassava farm.
- Age: 32 – 42
Application Closing Date
23rd December, 2019.
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can Click Here to Apply