Olam Nigeria Limited is located in Lagos, Nigeria and is part of the Farm Support Services Industry. Olam Nigeria Limited has 3,000 employees at this location and generates $222.01 million in sales (USD).
With offices and operational units across all geopolitical zones of the Nigerian Federation, Olam has a wide and growing network of farmers, suppliers, wholesalers, local buying agents (LBAs), customers and service providers. Today, these networks encompass approximately 500,000 farmers and have created tens of thousands of jobs in indirect employment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Farm Manager
- Innovation in rice farming is essential. We have introduced a fully mechanised large-scale rice farm in Nigeria. The Project cultivates two crops of 4,400 ha per year, under flooded conditions, which are delivered to an onsite company-owned Rice Mill.
- Our farm has an integrated rice mill with a processing capacity of 70,000 tonnes. This farm acts as a centre for improving productivity, and also as a vocational training hub for thousands of smallholders from nearby communities. Through our rice mill, farmers can process their crop, and gain access to market, improving local livelihoods.
- As the leading farm to shelf organization Olam values its plantations as the starting point and source of all prosperity.
- The Estate Manager is a leader dedicated to the development and betterment of the plantation estate. The role is multidimensional starting from managing people to land development and working with vendors.
- The incumbent would be responsible for managing the palm and rubber plantation from all phases of estate works including land development, replanting, maintenance of optimum crop production, cost management and overall estate operations.
- New land development for rubber estates, nursery establishments, land clearing, planting, maintenance and upkeep.
- Responsible for the overall estate operations and budget/cost estimation within cost maturity target
- Planning and management of fertilizers stores, chemicals, and machinery
- Build the required talent for the estate. Guide the team on the entire plantation procedures
- Conduct periodical reviews of the plantation operations at different locations.
- Implementation of all the requirement for planting TLC and LC
- Land identification, purchasing, and evaluation for high yield plantations
- Great networking with government agencies and environmental departments for regulatory approvals.
- Understand environmental and social impact assessment, conduct assessments periodically.
- Obtain primary yield production and identify cases where there is variance with last year yield. Plan remedial action in case of negative variance.
- Diploma, advanced / higher / graduate diploma, bachelor’s degree, postgraduate diploma or professional degree in agricultural, plantation management, aquaculture / forestry or equivalent
- Possess excellent people skills, leadership qualities and ability to work independently. Motivating staff for process orientation and being a go-to problem solver.
- Experiences in land clearing, P&D, replanting, new planting, and development of areas.
- Conversant with the use of a personal computer is highly desirable
- Minimum 10-15 Years of working experience, preferably in plantation and estate management roles with a large organization.
- Language – English & French is a must for this role
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply