Fashion Operations Manager / Client Service Executive at Owens and Xley
Owens and Xley is a business consulting and advisory company. We offer strategic services in the areas of business advisory, business development and planning to small businesses that would otherwise not have access to the technical competencies available to bigger companies. We know the role good planning plays in any business and its associated costs, and the initial capital challenges faced by small a business, which is why we have developed solutions which ensure that the small business owners still have access to the technical skill but at a fraction of the cost. We aim to help entrepreneurs and small business owners get better business results with less cost.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fashion Operations Manager / Client Service Executive
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- In this role, you are to ensure the smooth running of the company on a day-to- day basis, oversee the operations of all departments and employees and ensure employee performance are in line with the company’s expectations.
- You are also to ensure customers’ orders are taken and deadlines for collection are met; solve customers’ complaints; mediate on staff issues; and ensure the company operates at maximum efficiency.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises the cleaners, conducts maintenance administration and oversees the day to day operations of the company
- Ensures that the office is super clean, tidy and neat in preparation for the day ahead.
- Checks that the ambience of the studio is maintained by checking diffusers and scents
- Ensures that all fabrics in the fitting and changing room have been properly folded and arranged in a very coordinated and aesthetically pleasing manner
- Ensures that all previously fitted outfits have been removed from the fitting/changing room in preparation for either alterations or pick-up
- Ensures that items to be picked up are taken to the alteration room immediately, tagged appropriately and altered as soon as possible in time for pick up
- Ensure that all alterations are done in line with the alteration form
- Ensures that items ready for pick up or shipping must be folded and packed up immediately
- Ensures that DHL and other logistic companies items are weighed and arrangements made for delivery immediately
- Ensures that all tailoring supplies, e.g. net, lining, zips, etc. are properly arranged, accounted for and placed in their appropriate storage throughout the day
- Ensures that after each consultation, the consultation room/reception/fitting room is cleaned, fabric is tagged with customer’s name and given to the production officer/supervisor to put on the production time table
- Ensures that the mannequins on display are properly clothed at ALL times and the display area looks luxury at all times
- Ensures that power units are recharged 200 units before they are exhausted
- Ensure invoice numbers are recorded and payments made in due time
- Liaises with the gateman and ensures that the generator is serviced on the due date and the technician is paid immediately
- Ensures that all appliances ( lightbulbs, pressing iron, A/Cs, sewing machines) etc. are switched off when not in use. The ACs in the fitting room should only be turned on when being used or 5 minutes before a fitting
- Ensures that ALL appliances are turned off before closing for the day
- Reports faulty appliances and contact a technician to examine and fix appropriately.
- Change all pressing irons every 6 months
- Creates and maintains a database of vendors, suppliers, engineers, technicians including their contact details and account numbers in excel.
- Sends weekly and monthly report of electricity usage, utilities, and supplies.
- Creates budgets
- Takes responsibility for the company’s affairs.
- HND or B.Sc in any related discipline
- Professional certification in management would be a plus
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ work experience in an administrative/operations role
- High level of professionalism
- Result-oriented team player with exceptional motivation and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Tools especially Word and Excel
- Good initiative, time and stress management skills
- Good color coordination and aesthetic management skills are required
N100,000 – N150,000
Application Closing Date
6th April, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.