Field coordinator (M/F) at Médecins du Monde
edecins Du Monde – For more than 30 years, Medecins Du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies. Those w…
Read more about this company
Field coordinator (M/F)
- Job Type Contract
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Not specified
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit  , Project Management
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the supervision of the general coordinator, the field coordinator will supervise the overall field project team and ensure close collaboration between the logistics, medical and administrative departments and good team spirit.
- S/he will ensure smooth implementation of the project in Damboa LGA, according to project proposal including budget monitoring of activities, coordination with others NGOs and government bodies.
- Ensure team security and safety and compliance with security regulations for the staff under her/his own responsibility.
- Continuously assess the humanitarian and security situation in the field and timely inform the general coordinator.
- S/he manages directly the support and program team in Damboa: medical supervisor, MHPSS supervisor, community outreach officer, log/admin officer. The total Damboa team is about 50 people. S/he gets the technical support of the country coordination team that is based in Maiduguri.
- More specifically, you will be in charge of:
- Ensure adequate information flow within the different departments (medical, admin & fin, logistics)
- Oversee and coordinate the general functioning of the base and all departments
- Create/maintain a “team spirit” within the different departments and amongst the staff
Program implementation and management
- Good planning and implementation, create tools for use by the whole team, support team communication, efficiency and effectiveness with tasks
- Ensure the implementation of the program and its follow-up in its different aspects: logistical, administrative / finance and medical
- Continuously assess the needs & adjust the programmes to the needs in collaboration with the coordination team
- Contribute to the definition / revision of MdM strategy in Damboa, draw up scenarios and proposals and support the budget creation/revision for future/new activities in collaboration with the coordination team and relevant departments
- Contribute in defining the project needs and respond with support of the Emergency Response Team within Damboa LGA
Logistics, Finance and Administration
- Ensure familiarity with donor compliance issues, ensuring all projects are compliant with these and MdM procedures
- Ensure appropriate administrative, financial and logistical MdM systems/procedures are in place (with the support of the finance co, Human Resources Co and Logistics Co), maintained and adhered to so that all support functions are carried out effectively and efficiently
- Ensure regular communications are maintained between the different departments and act as a mediator when necessary
- Be responsible for accurate budget control and overall responsibility for financial management at the project site in line with project proposals
- Ensure, in coordination with the finance coordinator that financial needs are well planned according to activities workplan
Human Resource Management
- Be responsible for the well-being of all team members; conduct regular team building activities
- Where relevant, contribute to recruitment and selection of national staff
- Be responsible for the disciplinary and grievance procedures of the national team under his/her line management
- Maintain good inter-team communications, engender good team dynamics and take suitable action when problems occur
- Support team members professionally ; monitor and support stress management, including regular documented team meetings for planning and reporting purposes
- Carry out appraisals as per MdM standard requirements and procedures
- Ensure all new team members are adequately briefed on arrival in the field, and departing team members are debriefed
- Be responsible for capacity building and training of national personnel in collaboration with all technical coordinators (Med Co, HR Co, Finance Co, and Log Co)
- Carry out representation activities with other NGOs, UN agencies, local and national government bodies, traditional authorities, donors and other relevant parties
- Participate on a regular basis to all relevant meetings and be collaborative and build a strong relationship with all partners working in the area
- When relevant and with the general coordinator approval, represent MdM to donors, authorities, NGOs and other parties as necessary
Safety and Security Management
- Ensure team security and safety in a highly volatile security environment in collaboration with the coordination team
- Proactively monitor the political, military and security situation in the project areas and update the logistics coordinator / general coordinator accordingly
- Ensure that appropriate security guidelines are developed, communicated, adhered to, and regularly reviewed with the logistics coordinator and the general coordinator accordingly
- Ensure timely and accurate security / incident reports are sent to the logistics coordinator / general coordinator
- Elaborate coordination report with the coordination team
- Ensure regular contacts with the general coordinator
- Participate to proposals & reports to donors
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee
Duration : 6 months
Starting date: May 11th, 2020
Gross monthly salary: 3.041 euros
- Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
- Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
- Guesthouse housing
- 22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
- 5 weeks of paid leaves per year.
- Break policy every 3 months.
- Health insurance (60% covered by MdM)
- Insurance (repatriation…)
- Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
- Single posting
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- University degree in social or political sciences, social communication, health promotion or related studies
- Desirable degree in Project Management or HR Management
- Experience with an international NGO working in emergency contexts, preferably within the health sector, or previous field experience with MdM in different contexts
- Previous experience of project planning and budget holding; proposal and report writing
- Knowledge and understanding of project management tools (Logical Framework analysis, project cycle management, objectives and indicators etc.)
- Experience of security management at the field site level
- Strong leadership skills and a supportive management style (experience managing national and expatriate staff)
- Diplomacy, negotiation and networking skills
- Ability to work under a minimum of supervision
- Willing to live and work in challenging conditions
- Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability, capacity to take initiatives
- Strong problem solving and organisational skills in day to day and crisis situations
- Ability to classify and to manage priorities
- IT: Windows office package (Word, Excel, Outlook…)
- Languages: English is mandatory, Hausa, Arabic or Kanuri are an asset.
- You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
- Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
- MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.