Field Officer (For Nigerian Nationals Only)
Job position – Field Officer
Work location – Magumeri, Damasak, Ngala and Banki
Reporting to – Field Coordinator Supervision of – Field Monitor
General purpose of the position
Under the close supervision of the Food Security Field Coordinator, the role-holder coordinates the Food Security distribution activities at the field location within the framework of the WFP project, ensuring that food commodities are delivered to the targeted beneficiaries and the commodities are well accounted for. S/he ensures all activities are done in line with the donor requirements and these activities are achieved in a timely and efficient manner.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
· Maintains project efficiency and effectiveness; targeting the beneficiaries that are most vulnerable and most in need.
· Organizes the distribution of Food Commodities /Non-Food Items /e-cards (reception, list preparation, identification of distribution centers, information of beneficiaries, distribution during distribution days).
· Provides field level distribution and CBT (cash-based transfer) reports to the Food Security Field Coordinator, as required.
· Monitors activities implemented by other partners wherever necessary and provides relevant information to the Management.
· Participates in primary level information gathering in the field, which may include Assessment, SCOPE registration, targeting etc.
· Supports the team to define the implementing methodology, to define and implement a realistic working plan, to setup Food Security monitoring, assessment, verification processes.
· In coordination with the Food Security field coordinator, contributes to the management of the project team through the definition of responsibilities, evaluation of technical capacities and training/capacity building according to donors’ cash and vouchers approaches.
· Ensures timely communication with field and effective coordination with other food security partners in Borno state.
· Ensures that feedback and response mechanisms are in place and working smoothly.
· Reports security incidences in the field in a timely manner to the management;
· Reports any incidences related to the protection of IDPs and host communities to the management.
· Implements other tasks as might be required with relation to the INTERSOS Country Program in Nigeria.
· Ensures adherence to INTERSOS policies, guidance and procedures at field level by all Food Security Project staff;
· And any other assigned job by the Project Manager
· Bachelor degree in social sciences, international relations, economic.
· Minimum of 3 years in humanitarian work. Food security project work experience is an added advantage.
· Fluency in English and Hausa is required.
· Ability to develop a collaborative and harmonious relationship with external partners and clients at the senior level.
· Ability to exercise independent judgment and work without supervision
· Ability to multitask and work within deadlines
How to apply:
Interested candidates should complete this form and attach CV with the following format “Surname Position you applied for”. ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
Application deadline: apply no later than 26th June 2020 at 4:00 PM.
INTERSOS does not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.