Finance & Accounting Officer at Finance Life Technologies Limited (Riby)
Finance Life Technologies Limited (Riby) is a Financial Technology company operating since 2014. We automate cooperatives, their business and financial activities. We also partner with banks and payment service providers to be able to grant loans to our customers. At Riby Finance, we are committed to working with our customers and helping them grow wealth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance & Accounting Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
- Reporting to the Head of Finance, the Finance & Accounting Officer is responsible for preparing financial reports and maintaining records of assets, liabilities, revenue and expenditure, payments and other financial activities. S/He conducts regular checks of the internal controls, leads the preparation of the monthly accounts closure, and ensures that disbursements are in accordance with the budget and Riby Finance’s Financial Rules.
- General accounting tasks, including reconciling and maintaining balance sheet accounts and general ledger operations, preparing journal entries, preparing monthly closing and financial reports, preparing account/bank reconciliations;
- Perform finance analysis, reporting and management tasks;
- Oversee the validation of transactions and verification of their overall impact on the general accounts;
- Lay down and validate the accounting systems and tools;
- Review financial paperwork and procedures, provide recommendations and make necessary changes;
- Ensure all expenses are within assigned project budget and verify the completeness of all required supporting documentation for all payments vouchers;
- Prepare payments, bank transfers and do the bank transactions
- Produce full sets (income statement, balance sheet and cashflow statements) of periodic management account and other financial documents for the management of the company in accordance with the prevailing policies and procedures, running full variance analysis, financial ratios and detailed note to the accounts to give actionable perspectives to the numbers.
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly and year-end closure of accounts, including bank reconciliation, and submit reports to the Executive Director as per prescribed deadlines.
- Prepare invoice for projects, track cost against and prepare profitability for these project
- Ensure account receivables and payables activities are performed accurately and timely.
- Settle amounts due, or recover outstanding receivables.
- Identify and resolve invoicing issues, accounting discrepancies and other financial related issues.
- Assist in designing, implementing, and maintaining audit-compliant internal financial controls.
- Prepare and coordinate financial audit.
- Ensure timely and effective follow up to audit observations and recommendations;
- Update the Executive Director on financial status of the organisation;
- Protect Riby Finance’s assets through maintenance of asset register, internal control and audit procedures; and
- Prepare staff payroll administrations, including fringe benefit computations
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance with a minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience
- Must have started a professional accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA)
- Cognate work experience preferably in an accounting firm, financial technology firm, microfinance bank etc.
- Ability to prepare and maintain full set of management accounts
- Good knowledge of double-entry, accounting principles and accounting standards
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with Sage or Zoho Accounting Software
- Fluency in oral and written English
- Good usage of excel is a MUST
N80,000 – N120,000 Monthly.
Application Closing Date