Finance / Admin Officer at Global Rights
Global Rights is an international human rights and governance capacity-building non-governmental organization. Founded in Washington, D.C, in 1978 with the name International Human Rights Law Group, the organization changed its name to Global Rights: Partners for Justice in 2003 on the occasion of its 25th anniversary. In December 2014 it shut its Washington headquarters and devolved the center of its operations to its country office in Nigeria, from where the organization continues to work with local activists in Africa to promote and protect the rights of marginalized populations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance / Admin Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- The Finance and Admin. Officer supports the Finance and Admin. team and performs a variety of administrative and basic finance tasks.
- The incumbent will be involved in duties such as updating records, preparing documents, reconciling petty cash, basic financial analysis, and supporting the implementation of operational policies.
- Ability to use accounting software (i.e. QuickBooks).
- Ability to create and monitor institutional and programme budgets.
- Deep knowledge of the principles of adequate documentation and ability to ensure audit compliance.
- Assist in the implementation of procedures and policies for handling organization’s finances, maintaining records for accounts payable and receivable.
- Following up with clients, partners and vendors to submit appropriate supporting documents for transactions and review for accuracy, completeness and compliance with Global Rights policies and donor regulations.
- Manage and maintain the Petty Cash to ensure adequate and timely reporting.
- Assist finance team to review subgrants reports received from partners.
- Assist in the preparation of institutional and program budgets; facilitating advances and retirements for project and operational activities.
- Support operations necessary for organizational effectiveness.
- Ensure proper and consistent record keeping, and tracking in compliance with Global Rights’ standard operating procedures and policies.
- Assist in the onboarding of new staff and related orientation processes.
- Assist finance team in the documentation and maintenance of accounting records including paid vouchers and supporting documents.
- Assist Admin. Manager in implementing procurement policies and procedures.
- Provide logistical support for meetings, project activities, and organizational operations.
- Forecast and prepare timely financial requests for office supplies required on quarterly and monthly basis.
- All other duties and incidentals as may be directed by Supervisor.
Development and Operational Effectiveness:
- Demonstrates depth of knowledge and skill necessary for the job.
- Keeps informed about current developments in the area of expertise and job role.
- Ability to anticipate situations, understand the sources of risk, evaluate them and provide methods for control and mitigation.
- Maintains an established network of contacts for general information.
- Demonstrates high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and report writing skills.
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills.
- Commitment to Continuous Learning.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Commerce, Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or other relevant fields.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a busy international, multicultural Non – Government Organization and handling donor funds.
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover letters, Curriculum Vitae, including contact details for two recent professional referees as one document to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail.