Finance and Grants Manager-Maternity Cover at MEDA
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
MEDA is an international economic development organization whose mission is to create business solutions to poverty. Founded in 1953 by a group of Mennonite business professionals, we partner with the poor to start or grow small and medium-sized businesses in developing regions around the world.
Our expertise includes a full range of economic development …
Read more about this company
Finance and Grants Manager-Maternity Cover
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 8 years
- Location Bauchi
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Nigeria WAY is a five- year project funded by Government of Canada and MEDA that will assist 16,000 economically active poor women and youth to increase their income particularly those who are involved in agro-processing in the rice, soybean, and groundnut value chains. In addition, the project will work with communities and families to improve the environment where girls grow up. The project entitled Youth Entrepreneurship and Women’s Empowerment in Northern Nigeria project (Nigeria WAY) is being implemented in seven LGAs in Bauchi state until March 2022.
JOB STATUS: Start Date is 1st April 2021; 5 months maternity cover contract.
SUPERVISOR: Country Project Manager
LOCATION: This position is based in Bauchi city, Bauchi state, Nigeria.
The Finance and Grants Manager(Maternity Cover) is responsible for the operations of the finance and grants unit component of the Nigeria WAY project. They provide leadership in implementation of MEDA financial policies and procedures for the country office, ensure that internal and external financial requirements are met accordingly, ensure the financial integrity of the operations regarding controls, systems, resources, grant management, and reporting are held to the highest national and international standards. S/he is responsible to ensure adherence to Government of Nigeria’s laws. The Finance and Grants Manager is overall responsible for budgeting and cash flow management, managing all financial and grants documentation, effect payments, evaluation and reporting activities. S/he is responsible for the integrity of the finance and grants unit and ensuring transparency, accountability, and responsibility of MEDA’s resources and their utilization.
This position is guided by the finance policy, the procurement policy, approved signatories, and the grants manual and includes operating SAGE software for finances. This position is supervised by the Country Project Manager. The Finance and Grants Manager(Maternity Cover) supervises the Finance and Grants Officers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure financial/accounting activity is carried out in accordance with MEDA’s accounting policies.
- Maintain detailed and accurate records for all financial transactions in an organized and professional manner and to be always audit ready;
- Work with senior management to develop and meet operating plans, cash forecasts, and budgets.
- Maintain close and cooperative working relationships with financial staff, administrative staff and programmatic staff;
- Perform and/or supervise daily functions including recording all cash, cheque and bank transfer transactions, maintain cash and bank ledgers, monitor cash advances and field expense reports, reconcile cash on hand and monthly bank reconciliation.
- Review financial transactions for MEDA operations as appropriate (includes vouchers, Cash Advances, transfers, etc.). Ensure adequate cash flow for operations and safety of financial resources.
- Provide required monthly financial reports by specified deadlines to the Country Project Manager and MEDA HQ.
- Facilitate grant management, budget reporting and monitoring and other activities related to grants compliance.
- Manage and monitor granting portfolios. Analysis and evaluation of proposed workplans and budgets submitted by partners to ensure adherence to the contract terms, GAC and MEDA grants management policies and regulations.
- Provides overall supervision to the finance staff and partner finance staff.
- Any other tasks as may be assigned by the line manager or management.
- Apply MEDA’s values in all activities – cultural sensitivity, transparency and integrity in all relationships.
- University degree in, Accounting or Business Management with minimum of 8 years experience in international standards of project accounting, financial management including budgeting, grants and contracts.
- Certified Public Accountant with valid membership, 3+ post qualification experience is desired.
- Master of Accounting, Business Administration, Grant Management Certification, and senior experience as a financial manager is preferred.
- Strong experience with international audit requirements.
- Working knowledge of major donor funded operations, financial services, and practices.
- Excellent computer skills in Excel & SAGE software.
- Experience in managing International Donor financial reports and relationships, especially desirable is experience with Canadian donors.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience in Team management, through delegation, clear assignment of responsibilities, provision of sufficient authority and budget, and performance assessment.
- Proven and adaptable interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills.
- Direct private sector experience is desirable.
- Sector experience in agriculture/agribusiness is desirable.
- Fluency in English is required, and Hausa is also preferred.
- Prior work experience in a comparable role is required.
- Appreciation and support of MEDA’s values, mission and purpose
Method of Application
Qualified Candidates should email their Cover letter and CV (As a single PDF attachment) with position applying too as email title to [email protected]
nly shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MEDA welcomes and encourages applications from all genders, backgrounds, religions, cultures, nationalities and abilities.
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love