Finance and Operations Officer at Equal Access International
Equal Access International is an international not for profit organization (501c3) working in over ten countries around the world. A communications for social change organization that combines the power of media with community mobilization, Equal Access creates community-led and evidence-based programming and customized communications strategies and outreach solutions that address the most critical challenges affecting people in the developing world in the areas of peace and conflict, women’s and girl’s empowerment, governance, civic participation, youth development, human rights and health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Operations Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Summary of Role
- The Finance and Operation Officer supports and works with the Senior Finance and Operations Officer (and Finance and Operations Manager as the case may be) in ensuring effective and accountable finance and operations systems at the Equal Access International (EAI) Country Office in Nigeria.
- He ensures EAI-Nigeria achieves its program objectives through the finance, administration and operational functionalities in place, which are in compliance with home office policies and local laws.
- The Finance and Operation Officer provides support to the Program team towards achieving this goal.
- The Finance and Operation Officer is based in Kano and works directly with the Senior Finance and Operations Officer.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The Finance and Operations Officer works with the Senior Finance and Operations Officer to enhance appropriate financial duties and ensures internal controls systems work to safeguard the assets of the office to ensure efficient and effective financial functions.
- Custodian of the petty cash and proper disbursement of the funds as the request is properly approved.
- Creates vouchers for every transaction that is carried out ensuring complete supporting documents.
- Posts transactional vouchers to the QuickBooks which will be reviewed by the Senior Finance Officer.
- Works with the Senior Officer on the month end financial report to be submitted to EAI Headquarters. That is the monthly/annual country office financial reports and reconciliation of accounts, fund requests, and asset inventory reports.
- Assist with monthly budget versus actual reports preparation.
- In time of procurement, the finance and operations officer searches for vendors that are in line with the policy requirements, runs a watchdog on all of them and submits to the Senior Officer.
- Collection of quotes from vendors for the finance department and the relevant team for their comparison and selections.
- Sends out call for applications and works with the senior officer in collection of bids, and formulation of bid comparison matrices. The Senior Officer with either committee set up make recommendations for vendor selection in accordance with EAI policies and procedures.
- Ensures adherence to EAI and donor policies and procedures in all areas relating to procurement, logistics, and inventory management with guidance from the Senior Officer.
- Works to ensure that program implementation and execution of activities are in compliance with EAI’s internal policies and donors’ regulations.
- Supports the Senior Officer where need be on the payroll processing.
- Ensures statutory remittances of payroll deductions to the statutory bodies (Board of Internal Revenue, Pension Fund Administrators, National Housing Fund, etc.)
- Assists the Program team in the preparation of activity budgets with activity SOWs for project implementation.
- Follow up expenditures to make sure they are in line with the budget and call up Senior Officer’s attention where changes or deviations are noticed.
- Ensures inventory is kept up to date and in good working conditions and sound inventory control system.
- Maintains all project assets and stock items (Inventories) ensuring satisfactory level of accountability and internal control with the knowledge of the Senior Officer; also ensures timely verification of stocks and assets, inventories at the office.
- Assists on the yearly holiday update for the country office.
- Ensures proper security and safety of the staff members and premises and finalizes security and insurance arrangements as per EAN norm.
- Manages the project vehicle administration activities to ensure proper upkeep of Vehicles, proper maintenance and usage as per EAN policies. Also ensures logbooks are accurate and in order to have complete transparency in its usage.
- Runs watchdog on vendors, partners, candidates, consultants and clients to ensure they are not on the watch list.
- Assists the senior officer in staff hiring process of the country office which includes screening of CVs, shortlisting candidates, organizing interview sessions, and all other processes to select the best candidate.
- Works on personnel documentation and filing systems to ensure compliance with the Human Resources Manual.
- Works with the senior officer/Manager to ensure compliance with local labor laws and EA policies and guidelines with regards to staff management, travel, and administration.
- Works with the senior officer to ensure that country registrations are maintained and renewed as necessary and that all reporting required to local and national government is performed correctly and on time.
- Provides recommendations for enhancements on Human Resource manual.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent English writing skills with fluency in speaking of English and Hausa
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Admin or any related field (Master’s Degree is an added advantage)
- Good knowledge of finance and operations
- Ability to work and deliver outputs under pressure
- Self-motivated and able to recommend constructive solutions to challenges
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience with donor funded programs at the national and/or international level
- Ability to work flexibly, outside of normal office hours and in difficult condition
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 28th June, 2021.