Finance Assistant at Coffey Nigeria Limited
Every Coffey relationship is built on trust.
Trust that’s hard-earned through our proven expertise, our depth of global experience and our commitment to stay one step ahead.
Our specialists in geoservices, international development and project management work in partnership with our clients across the globe.
We create value throughout the asse…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 – 5 years
- Location Kano
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Based in Kano, this full-time position provides support to Operations and the Finance Manager, Kano by performing the following tasks:
- Supporting to the management of financial operations in accordance with the Operations Manual and donor regulations, including systems for cash flow management, budgeting, internal controls, financial reporting, record-keeping and disbursements;
- Supporting the Finance Manager in payment posting on QuickBooks Accounting Software, payment and acquittals processing, Petty Cash Management;
- Carrying out reconciliation of consultants’ advances/expenses against approved budgets/contracts;
- Ensuring that all financial records are filed properly and in a timely manner;
- Monitoring and tracking programme budgets relating to specific activities and overall spend.;
- Providing accurate and timely responses to internal and external audit enquires, as required;
- Performing any other duties that might arise within the project activities.
Education and Experience
- B.Sc Degree in Business Finance, Accounting or a related field of study;
- Special consideration will be given to applicants who have ACCA or ICAN certification
- 3 – 5 years of accounting experience in a large international company or DFID-funded program; and
- Extensive experience in activity budget planning.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to use a personal computer including advanced use of Excel and Word;
- Ability to read, explain and implement financial policies and procedures;
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks;
- Ability to transpose numerical data from one source to another with a high level of accuracy
- The position is based in Kano with occasional travel to Jigawa and Kaduna. Out of hours work will be required especially during periods of audits or during the delivery of special projects.
Method of Application
interested and qualified candidates should send their Application package to: [email protected] Using “Finance Assistant, Kano” in the subject line.
Your application package should include:
- A cover letter detailing how you meet the Education and Experience qualifications; please include photocopies of educational and other related certificates;
- Your CV; and
- Contact details for three recent work-related referees.
Note: Applications received after the said closing date and time will not be considered.