Finance Assistant at Sightsavers Nigeria
Sightsavers is an international organisation that changes lives for the long term. We work in more than 30 countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and support people with visual impairments to live independently.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Location: Country Office, Kaduna
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
Contract: 2 year Fixed Term Contract
Project: DID Project Nigeria CO
Reports To: Finance Officer (DID)
Directorate: Operations, Planning & Finance
Direct Reports: N/A
- The role is expected to provide the role holder with an opportunity to acquire experience in programme financial monitoring.
- The finance Assistant will work directly with finance team and DID programme Managerduring the period.
- The job holder will work with the team to ensureprogramme implementation is effectively done and that all field expenditure is done in accordance with donor requirements, generally accepted accounting principles and Sightsavers policies.
- The post holder will assist in a wide range of tasks which the team undertakes in the implementation of the project.
The main developmental opportunities in the assignment:
The capacity of the job holder will be built on:
- The development and documentation of the projectimplementation plans.
- The documentation, filling and archiving of documents (programme, monitoring and financial reports) in appropriate storage filling methods.
- The gathering/photocopying of supporting documentations for payment vouchersand coding and filling of payment vouchers in archfile accordingly.
- The process payment to vendors, per diem and transportation for participants during field activities.
- Tracking and following up on all outstanding advances to ensure timely retirement
- Logistics for activity preparation and travels.
- Support in non-Programmeprocurements souring of commodities/services as well as raising purchase orders via Proactis including ensuring prompt payments made.
- Support in logistics of commodities to partners from the NCO and/or from Vendors to partners for Programme commodities delivered to the NCO especially meant for projects outside Kaduna.
- Compliance andrisk management.
- Innovative implementation of activities for programme delivery and achievement of organizational objectives.
- Arranging and coordinating programme meetings and activities, also ensure reports are written and submitted within the expected timeframe.
- Preparation of payment vouchers,cashbook and bank reconciliation statement, partners financial report and donor report.
- Periodic verification of physical assets, bank transactionsand collection of bank statement.
Knowledge (Education & Related Experience):
- Relevant professional accounting qualification or / Bachelor’s Degree in Finance / Accounting
- Previous similar working experience, ideally in an INGO environment would be useful.
- Experience of financial management, programme & project management and administration
- Experience of procurement souring of commodities/services as well as raising purchase orders, and ensuring prompt payments made.
- Experience of logistics support with partners and vendors?
Skills (special training or competence):
- An understanding of and commitment to equality of opportunity for disabled people.
- Computer literacyand use of excel.
- Fluent in English language
We would expect the following:
- Interpersonal and intercultural sensitivity
- High degree of integrity
- Active listener
- Good team player
- Takes correction well
Key Relationships (Internal)
- Nigeria CO Finance Team
- Nigeria CO Risk and Compliance Teams
- Nigeria CO DID programme team
- Partners – DID project.
Local Terms and Conditions apply.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 21st August, 2022.
- We anticipate that interviews will take place from the week commencing 29th August 2022 onwards and the evaluation process will include a task and an oral interview.
- To apply for this exciting new opportunity, please complete an application via our recruitment portal. We are particularly interested in learning of your motivations for applying.
- As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community.
- Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply