Finance Manager at DAI
DAI works on the frontlines of international development. Transforming ideas into action-action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. We work with a wide range of clients, including national and local …
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 7 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
The Finance Manager will work closely with the TA Hub Incubation Manager and subsequently, the Executive Director of the steady-state Hub to determine long-term financial goals and developing strategies to achieve the financial objectives of the TA Hub. The Finance Manager will manage the organisation’s financial operations, including oversight of accounts payable and receivable, budgeting, production of financial statements and reports, and advisement of the senior management team on financial decisions. The Finance Manager is responsible for monitoring and maintaining internal controls while overseeing financial systems and related compliance requirements.
Reports to TA Hub Incubation Manager and subsequently the Executive Director of the steady state Hub
- Lead the day-to-day accounting operations including oversight of accounts payable and receivable, and maintenance of the general ledger and other financial transactions
- Maintain and update the accounting spreadsheets, journal logs to ensure that it is compliant with organizations rules and regulations, and any other relevant legislation
- Prepare receipts and vouchers and their proper formats, so that the financial details can be entered correctly in the accounting system
- Prepare, analyze and present financial reports (income statements and balance sheets) in an accurate and timely manner; communicate monthly and annual financial statements to ED
- Oversee the annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the ED; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and produce monthly budget versus actual reports.
- Develop, analyze and monitor program budgets; monitor and track obligations and expenditures against budgets
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the Board of Directors; assess any changes necessary
- Update and implement all the required business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual
- Assist and guide the Board by providing relevant financial information during budgeting, accounts to donors and other decision-making activities
- Liaise with HR to determine the amount to be paid to employees based on the number of days
- Ensure timely payment of staff, suppliers and vendors and adherence to all requisite country laws during transactions (e.g., remittance of taxes (PAYE, WHT, VAT, etc.)
- Ensure all cash and cheque payments are made without any delay for the smooth run of the programme activities
- Participate in logistic activities by participating, Tender and, Quotation evaluation committee
- Work with Grants Manager to produce financial reports for donors and other funder grants; maintain shared grant reporting calendar due dates and submissions, including all necessary financial deliverables as stated per grant awards and contracts.
- Evaluate financial reports to analyze progress and review grant expenditure in comparison to the estimated budget
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system for TA partners to ensure adherence to the contract billing and collection schedule.
- Ensure steady financial data and cash flow to support operational requirements.
- Work with Grants Manager and Project Manager to collate and analyze sub-grant recipients’ financial reports
- Ensure recipients are paid on time.
Eleven (11) Months
Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in financial management in an NGO
- 5+ years, experience overseeing the finance and operations of equally large and complex projects (estimated annual budget of $15 million
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or its equivalent
- Professional certification in Accounting (ACCA or equivalent) is required
- Master’s Degree is an added advantage
- Knowledge in generally-accepted accounting, budgeting, and fiscal control principles
- Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and managing annual budgets of $15 million or larger
- Strong proficiency in MS Office (word, excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience effectively navigating accounting software
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Skilled in strategic thinking as it relates to department plans, staff development, and customer service.