Finance Officer at Dinidari Foundation
Dinidari Foundation is one of Africa’s youth led unique life changing non-profit organization that was founded with the aim of strengthening a society where the basic fundamental rights of the vulnerable women and youths are upheld. Since 2016, the organization has been at the fore actively advocating for the inclusion, participation and advancement of vulnerable groups in all spheres of the society for social justice in order to promote rule of law and accountability.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Job Duration: 3 Months
- Dindari Foundation is recruiting for a Finance Officer for immediate employment
- Due to the current situation of COVID 19, work will be done remotely but as soon as the situation changes, the employee would be required to resume at Dinidari Foundation’s office.
- Prepare payment vouchers.
- Properly code all transactions.
- Prepare deposit slips for cash to be deposited into the bank account.
- Participate in the improvement of the accounting system and the system of internal control.
- Create all financial reports as requested by Executive Director.
- Other tasks as requested by Executive Director.
- Ensure that payments are processed accurately, timely, and safely.
- Reconcile advances, including review of receipts, coding of expenses on the general voucher and entering into QuickBooks.
- Maintain accounting files.
- Follow up on outstanding advances and assure timely reconciliation.
The responsibilities and duties are indicative only and are subject to change to meet the needs of the project, the organization and the donor.
Qualifications and Experience
- HND or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a finance team, with at least one year in an Accounts Officer position
- Experience in working in an NGO is an added.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good analytical and reporting skills
- Strong ability to be able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of NGO donors and their financial reporting requirements
- Excellent computer skills with high proficiency in Microsoft excel
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Any late application or incomplete submission will not be considered and thus will be disregarded immediately.
- Applicants shall be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Application Deadline 28th April, 2020.