Finance Officer at International Rescue Committee
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Job Title: Finance Officer – Abuja
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
The Finance Officer reports to the Senior Finance Manager in Abuja, She/he supports the Finance Manager in managing all aspects of day to day operations of accounting department in the Abuja office, assisting in the implementation of Finance policies, procedures and systems and ensuring compliance with IRC procedures and guidelines
- Supporting Finance Manager in managing all aspects of day to day operations of accounting department in field office.
- Assist in the implementation of Finance policies, procedures and systems.
- Ensure compliance with IRC procedures and guidelines.
- Supervise the Finance Assistant and ensure copies of all finance documents are properly filed
- Submit expenditure worksheets to the Finance Head Office on or before 3rd of every subsequent month
- Review all payment documents for proper and adequate back up.
- Review expenditure worksheets for accuracy and completeness.
- Liaison with Logistics, Administration and Program, prepare commitment lists every month for financial obligations already entered into but not captured in financial reports.
- Prepare bank reconciliation for field office by 2nd of every month.
- Liaison with field office bank on all banking issues.
- Ensure that statutory deductions are paid on time to avoid any penalty
- Forward to the payroll Administrator every month, an outstanding personnel advances and charges related to T7 for recovery. Ensure that advances taken in a given month are liquidated appropriately.
- Conduct occasional time sheet audits for field office.
- Assist Finance Manager with balance sheet reconciliations
- Help in following up advances liquidations
- Manage Field Office Daily cash
- Serve as technical resource person for the accounting department.
- Review all POs and PRs for proper coding and budget adequacy before approval.
- In liaison with Supply Chain Officer prepare commitment lists every month for financial obligations already entered into but not captured in financial reports
- Act at all times in accordance with local law and standards of accounting practice.
- Review with the objective of gaining a clear understanding budget guidelines and instructions
- Review funding allocations to enable proper guidance to programs and proper coding.
- Provide training to program staff on finance issues.
- Produce monthly and quarterly reports to be reviewed by Finance Officer/Finance Controller.
- Communicate with Finance main office on security issues within the office and outside the office
- Report to the Finance Officer/Finance Controller any irregularities that occur within the IRC office, staff compound and sites on policy and procedures.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor
- HND or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from recognized College/Institutions
- Minimum of Three (3) years of professional accounting experience.
- Computer literate with significant knowledge/experience in excel
- INGO Finance experience is highly desired
- Able to work in a high-pressure situation, solve problems and resolve conflicts.
- Able to independently organize work, prioritize tasks and manage time.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to coach and support others
- Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluent in written and spoken English
- Fluency in local context language is highly desirable
The position will be based in Abuja
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.